Another run ready to go......

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Linda M
    OK Folks,

Willie and I have been planning organising another run for about 6 weeks or so now and on Sunday we went for the first recce of it. We wanted to plan something special and think we’ve got it. It will be a fantastic day out, the roads are all awesome MINI driving roads with the most spectacular Perthshire scenery right the way through the run and we are very excited about it. We won’t be posting final details of the run ‘til about a week after the Borders run.

Also we will be putting a limit of 30 (if need be) on the amount of cars. As we’ve now had the pleasure of organising and attending bigger runs we’ve managed to find out the downsides and as it takes a lot of time and effort to organise a run we want to be sure that everyone has a great day. The main problem with organising a run is the re-group, lunch and toilet stops. Finding adequate parking facilities for 30 odd cars is rather challenging and then you have to consider for other events being run the same day, therefore a car park you’ve picked that was empty on the recce might be pretty full on the run day.

We do plan to do this run again in Sept so if by any chance you can’t manage or numbers are full don’t worry.

We do need a bit of info from you guys on dates (not that we can promise) We need the dates of when Calum, Julz, Gerry and Alan will be away in May? Getting a date fixed will be by far the biggest problem. We’re looking at Sunday the 11th May or Sunday the 1st of June.

Banned
    Car
    GP 0878
    First of all Well done Willie & Linda:)

Brian and I cannot manage the 11th,not sure about other dates but I know that the 11th is a definate NO:)

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    I am away from the 17th May returning late on the 24th.

Bonnie Scotland

Linda M
    So far there's 3 dates we're looking at. Sunday the 11th May, Sunday the 18th May or Sunday the 8th June.

Hey Wul....WHAT date can you manage as we're determined you're going on a run We might even name the run after you if you promise to come along

knaone
    Hopefully if i get back into the swing of things then the 11th isn't gonna be good for me

Round 2 of the RC championship

shoppie
    Well done U 2!:approve:

Any of these dates are fine by me.
    Add my name please- I should have the new MINI by then........

Monsta Mo Mini
    8th June onwards would be best for us. We're away 20th May -4th June but have lots on in May before we go.:I

Linda M
    OK, it's narrowed down to the 18th May (more than likely for us) or the 8th June (at a push).

WUUUUUL.....HELLO.....is there anyone there

Julz
    Well done both of you, definately too organised!!:I
    I think the 11th would be ok for us especially if it's perthshire, nice and local! If you want any company on future recces, i'd be happy to join! Apart from that, we leave on the 17th may and get back 2nd june!!:approve::)

scott shand
    18th may or the 8th of june looks good for me, crail thrash is on the 11th of may sorry....... i was at crail this weekend and did the 1/4 mile in 17 secs and a speed of 81.8 mph think i could have done better cause i had a bit of wheel spin from the start line still humped the saxo vtr that i was up against, i was about 5-6 car lenghts in front of him he did not look to happy about it, serves him right for driving a gay car!!