It's a door, Jim, but not as we know it!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Clare1
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottieCoop View Post
    Anyone read the Sunday Post today.

Why Mini didn't put the door on the correct side.:(

MINI say the cost is to great and they expect most Clubmans to be sold in Europe and America.
    The Fuel Tank is on the other side Fiona, theres no room for the door on the other side.

crap excuse. sorry it's all down to desgin.
    Cooper Coupe...

i agree! sounds like they were being a bit lazy.

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    For what it's worth, i certainly wouldn't buy one for this reason, it's a flawed design in my opinion

euan
    Quote Originally Posted by Clare1 View Post
    The Fuel Tank is on the other side Fiona, theres no room for the door on the other side.
    So move the fuel tank...

Designers day off? Bank holiday? Hungover?

I think they'll lose out on selling a load of these as a result of this. The space is there to move it, but yet they didn't.

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    yep, bad design, but there are already a few bad designs with the R56(blinds, compartment pack, leather interior, sound of rushing water, diesel noise....):( :( :(

I think this will put off a lot of UK families from buying one, which is a shame as the MINI all started in the UK.. :(

Banned
    Car
    GP 0878
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottieCoop View Post
    crap excuse. sorry it's all down to desgin.

I agee it is a crap excuse, even the name Clubman is stupid.

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    The fuel tank is right underneath the car is it not. All they would need to do is move the filler neck in order to get the door in.

Banned
    Car
    GP 0878
    Quote Originally Posted by ianking View Post
    The fuel tank is right underneath the car is it not. All they would need to do is move the filler neck in order to get the door in.

The door is a bit bigger than that! I,m sure they would need a much bigger hole and some better hinges too!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bonnie Scotland View Post
    For what it's worth, i certainly wouldn't buy one for this reason, it's a flawed design in my opinion
    I wouldn't buy one because I just don't like them