Quick tutorial for those who wish to share their pics on the forums.

There are essentially two ways to post pics into forum threads; Host the pics on a pic hosting site like Photobucket, then link to them in the body of your post. Or upload them to the www.newminiscotland.co.uk server.

• Option 1 - Remote host.

First you need to register with an image hosting web site. There are quite a few to choose from, the main ones being Photobucket, and FlickR.

For this tutorial, I'm using Photobucket.

Once you have registered and uploaded your pics to your hosting site, you will be presented with your Album. Under each picture in your album will be several link options to click on. The link option you want to use for New Mini Scotland is shown as:

When you click on the link it will automatically copy the image location to your clipboard. Once on your clipboard, you simply PASTE that link into your post wherever you would like the pic to appear.

Easy.

• Option 2 - Hosted on NMS.

While composing your post, look underneath the text entry field and you will find a series of options which look like:

Click the "Manage Attachments" button and another page will open giving you guidelines on maximum image dimensions and size. This window also has a "BROWSE" Button.

Click the browse button and find the image you wish to upload from your computer.

Once the image has been selected, look to the right and click the "UPLOAD" Button. The image will then upload to the NMS server. Once it has been uploaded click the "CLOSE THIS WINDOW" button at the bottom of the window.

The "Attach Files" section will now show the file name of the image you have just uploaded.

There will be a limit on how many images you can upload in this way for each post. But to be perfectly honest, I have no idea what that limit is.

Once you have uploaded your image, from your user control panel you can delete the image if you no longer want it to be hosted on NMS.

Remember; NewMiniScotland has a limit on the file size of a "jpg" image of 97kb. If your image is larger than this, it will not upload and you will get an error message.

If you have any questions regarding posting pics, drop me a PM or an email and I'll help as best I can.

AndyP