Signature Picture

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonnie Scotland View Post
    I think what Malcolm wants is the full sized sig, ie, 500 x 100 pixels, but, soz, that can't work with this piccie, however, if he's happy enough to go for the correct height, then what you did is ok, but, it won't be anywhere near the 500 pixels wide.

For future reference, the way you need to take this type of picture to be used as a sig, you should turn the camera through 90 degrees, that way it gives the length x width ratio.
    Note, it doesn't work the same as rotating the image

Quote Originally Posted by GAJ View Post
    Surely if you turn the camera 90 dgs the image will be taller than it is long (portrait) on an average camera, For a signature, you want an image that is longer than tall (landscape)???

If all you want is a cropped section 500 x 100 I don't suppose what way you hold the camera is important as the resolution of all modern cameras is way more than this. Just make sure you take a suitable snap!
    Yeah. What he said.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by GAJ View Post
    Surely if you turn the camera 90 dgs the image will be taller than it is long (portrait) on an average camera, For a signature, you want an image that is longer than tall (landscape)???
    Hmm, i didn't explain it very well, but, i know what i mean :o .............but, as Angus has suggested, there are other ways

Well Andy it defo worked, but a tad large. I wll work on getting image smaller. but at least it took the file size.

Car
    Malcolm, the shrunk pic I did for you is saved at http://www.reachercreatures.com/fun_...ssypic_sig.jpg

Click that link and it will open the pic.

You really need to save that pic yourself though, stick it in photobucket and then use your own link, 'cos sooner or later I'll accidentally delete your pic and you're snookered again.

Like I said, gimme a number and I'll call you if you like. No problem.:)

A.

Andy, thanks again for all your help. I managed to resize it and load it using your original instructions, So you can loose the photo you stored for me.
    I won't be changing it for a long time, by which time I'll have forgotten how to do it again.......Doh!
    It's a bit like that other thing Sioban goes on about

Car
    Quote Originally Posted by weefossy View Post
    Andy, thanks again for all your help. I managed to resize it and load it using your original instructions, So you can loose the photo you stored for me.
    I won't be changing it for a long time, by which time I'll have forgotten how to do it again.......Doh!
    It's a bit like that other thing Sioban goes on about
    LOL. Glad you got it sorted Malcolm.

<<<<<Off to write a tutorial on signature pics.

A.

jeekster
    Hi just happened across this thread, wondered if anyone would be able to help me sort out signature thing, am rubbish on pc spent ages in microsoft site trying to work out wot to do and gave up

Any help would be gratefully received

jacqui

Car
    Quote Originally Posted by jeekster View Post
    Hi just happened across this thread, wondered if anyone would be able to help me sort out signature thing, am rubbish on pc spent ages in microsoft site trying to work out wot to do and gave up

Any help would be gratefully received

jacqui
    I'll help in any way I can.

What is it your having trouble with? Is it getting the picture to be the right size? Or actually uploading it to newminiscotland.co.uk?

A.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP & Lenore View Post
    LOL. Glad you got it sorted Malcolm.

<<<<<Off to write a tutorial on signature pics.

A.
    Silly me, also having trouble with sig pics:o

Where's this tutorial please
    Stephen & Allyson

Car
    Quote Originally Posted by slawson View Post
    Silly me, also having trouble with sig pics:o

Where's this tutorial please
    Haven't got round to it yet. Maybe by the end of the week. Happy to help on a case-by-case basis just now though.

A.