Drying

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonnie Scotland View Post
    Drip dry and allow streaks to show through perfect for that don't give a damn look works best immediately after a rain storm
    I love your completely uncaring consistency. I just can't bring myself to agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottieCoop View Post
    Andy it is a towel that has a waffle (you know a waffle that you would eat) well the weave has that look.
    Cheers Fi. Will have a look for one. Sounds interesting.

BTW, tried your AutoGlym aqua dry thingy a year or so ago. Me no like at all. Too much like a chamois. I guess this just reinforces VintagB3's thread - everyone has their own opinion on what's best and what's not.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP & Lenore View Post
    I love your completely uncaring consistency. I just can't bring myself to agree with you.

Cheers Fi. Will have a look for one. Sounds interesting.

BTW, tried your AutoGlym aqua dry thingy a year or so ago. Me no like at all. Too much like a chamois. I guess this just reinforces VintagB3's thread - everyone has their own opinion on what's best and what's not.

A.
    Andy I've got plenty waffle weaves lying around (new ones) I pass one onto next time I see you.

Andy I could go into

after using the waffle meave a few times you really need to wash the towel as it is pretty much now manky and leaves smears on the car depending on what washing liquid/powder etc etc you use and at what temp you wash it depends how clean and effective the towel then is but I fear I may bore you no doubt Mark will be along shortly with a answer. the uptodate Auto Glym thingy is good for me and I can wring it out which is always a plus.
    Cooper Coupe...

Car
    Andy I've got plenty waffle weaves lying around (new ones) I pass one onto next time I see you.

Andy I could go into

after using the waffle meave a few times you really need to wash the towel as it is pretty much now manky and leaves smears on the car depending on what washing liquid/powder etc etc you use and at what temp you wash it depends how clean and effective the towel then is but I fear I may bore you no doubt Mark will be along shortly with a answer. the uptodate Auto Glym thingy is good for me and I can wring it out which is always a plus.
    Many thanks for the offer Fi. Would love one. Ta.

I know what you mean regarding the MF towels. We do wash them, but I'd need to speak to MrsP to see what temp and fluids she uses. Not a clue. Although I have to admit, if one gets particularly dirty (I even use them to clean the wheels with sometimes) it just gets chucked. We use the yellow multi-pack from Costco. I think we get about 20 or 30 in a pack and they are only about £6 or £7. Bargain. And they do a fantastic job.

A.

Wul

Car
    Quote Originally Posted by Wul View Post
    Cheers WUL. But $38Aus!!!! Holy cow, that's dear.

A.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    Can I ask the general opinion on what's best for drying, a chamois or microfibre towel?

thanks
    You must be wishing you had'nt asked, it's becoming terribly confusing!:) :)
    Stephen & Allyson

Quote Originally Posted by slawson View Post
    You must be wishing you had'nt asked, it's becoming terribly confusing!:) :)
    Not so much confusing, just surprising that what I thought was a simple question could raise so many opinions.

Thanks everyone, I think I will test both the MF towel & the Autoglym synthetic leather and see what works best for me.

Andrew
    Enjoy Yourself, It's Later Than You think

vintageb3
    I've used Leather Chamois I used the micro fibre towel and waffle weaves from the pakshack the best you can buy and I tell you this the best out there for drying your car is often to most simple things you would tend to dismiss.

Auto Glym

http://www.autoglym.co.uk/enGB/produ...06VQ=I&Range=1

wouldn't go past them.

See the trouble with waffle weave and micro fibre use them on your windscreen leave it for a while then turn the car into the sun take a close look at the marks it leaves behind yes I am that much of a geek.
    I used to use the Autoglym one...and swore by it...Have a new one in a box and still use an old one on my wheels :)

I still think the WW is better...but as I said...it does take longer to use to ensure that you don't get water marks. Just an extra walk round the whole car does it though.

Its OK Andy....I didn't know what WW was either :)

mark