Drying

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Can I ask the general opinion on what's best for drying, a chamois or microfibre towel?

thanks
    Enjoy Yourself, It's Later Than You think

Wul
    I prefer a waffle weave microfibre as used to find chamois leaves bits on the car and are harder to wring out.

euan
    I've used both to similar effect. Current routine is a chamois then a wipe down with a cloth to remove any residuals I may have missed. I'll sometimes use Quik Detailer with the cloth as well if I have the time.

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    We use two micro fibre's. First I take the worst of the wet off and do lots of wringing out. Then Mrs P follows closely behind with another micro fibre, taking off what I can't 'cos my cloth is too wet.

Given up on chamois.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

vintageb3
    Quote Originally Posted by Wul View Post
    I prefer a waffle weave microfibre as used to find chamois leaves bits on the car and are harder to wring out.
    I use the same...it takes longer than a chamois IMHO...but it leaves a better streak and waterspot free finish...and a chamois can scratch if they pick up grit, as the grit sits on the surface of the material. A MF or WW are less likely to scratch...cause the grit can move into the pile. I usually wring dry the WW and then open it up and violently shake (like snapping a wet towel at someone) the WW to help release any grit.

In fact...there should be no grit as you have just washed the car...but I do it anyway.

I've thought about using my Dad's leaf blower...I've heard that some guys use those. I must say that the Mini is bad for trapped water around the rear lights and around the front lower grilles.

mark
    Last edited by vintageb3; 20th July 2007 at 11:13 PM.

Car
    Mini Cooper S
    I use a chamois first then waffle thingy microfibre...it works fir me..btw thats when i clean it!...no that often!:o

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    OK. At the risk of a public bashing by VintageB3 especially (taking into account my wind up on another thread just two mins ago), could someone tell me...

WTF is a waffle weave?

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    Can I ask the general opinion on what's best for drying, a chamois or microfibre towel?

thanks
    I've used Leather Chamois I used the micro fibre towel and waffle weaves from the pakshack the best you can buy and I tell you this the best out there for drying your car is often to most simple things you would tend to dismiss.

Auto Glym

http://www.autoglym.co.uk/enGB/produ...06VQ=I&Range=1

wouldn't go past them.

See the trouble with waffle weave and micro fibre use them on your windscreen leave it for a while then turn the car into the sun take a close look at the marks it leaves behind yes I am that much of a geek.
    Cooper Coupe...

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Drip dry and allow streaks to show through perfect for that don't give a damn look works best immediately after a rain storm

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP & Lenore View Post
    OK. At the risk of a public bashing by VintageB3 especially (taking into account my wind up on another thread just two mins ago), could someone tell me...

WTF is a waffle weave?

A.

Andy it is a towel that has a waffle (you know a waffle that you would eat) well the weave has that look.
    Cooper Coupe...