Amazing detailing product!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    Its just for sproosing up between polishes/waxes. It helps to shine up a well waxed car after washing it it. Means you dont want to take the time to wax it every time you wash it.

vintageb3
    I think the Ultimate Quik Detailer also has antistatic properties. So...use a good wax of your choice....then mist this stuff on the next day to increase gloss and repel dust. I wouldn't use it the same day as your waxing. Your wax should be given time to rest. The UQD removes any residue poilsh that may be left too.

I played a hose on my Dad's car today....and the UQD does sheet and bead very well...I would agree that it repels water as they claim.

Remember to stand back about 18" (600mm) and mist this product on. You don't need a lot of this product.

I love the stuff!

mark

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Quote Originally Posted by vintageb3 View Post
    I love the stuff!

mark
    You'd never guess. Haven't seen you gush so much since the last time you gushed about something.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

vintageb3
    You wanna have seen the loaf of bread i bought this morning!

mark

Quote Originally Posted by vintageb3 View Post
    I've been buying a Porter Cable 7424 polisher...

mark
    do you really need a PC.?? is your car paint work that bad.??

how often are you polishing your car with it.??
    Cooper Coupe...

Mark here is some other polish for you to buy and try. They say it is very very good. better than that Mequairs rubbish.

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acata...212polish.html

JEFFS Werkstatt

this one in particular is very very good. well that what I've heard from the Audi guys with their black motors

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acata...211polish.html
    Last edited by Scottie; 21st July 2007 at 12:41 AM.
    Cooper Coupe...

vintageb3
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottieCoop View Post
    Mark here is some other polish for you to buy and try. They say it is very very good. better than that Mequairs rubbish.

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acata...212polish.html

JEFFS Werkstatt

this one in particular is very very good. well that what I've heard from the Audi guys with their black motors

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acata...211polish.html
    Hi Fi...

These are both Acrylic sealants with added carnuba and I believe they will be very good and will outlast plain carnuba wax. However...I don't think they will beat a coat of carnuba for looks.

Acrylics have good filling capabilities...so its less likely to see micro scratches etc. Sometimes that's worth its weight!

I did my car with Klasse AIO then about 12 coats Meguiars #20 Acrylic sealant as you can build this product up. Probably didn't need the Klasse...but I like to know its on there. After that it looked great. But it wasn't until I used Meguiars #26 Yellow Tech Wax (carnuba) that the paint "popped"

Now with this Megs Ultimate Quik detailer...I'm happy with what I have....and meaning no disrespect...I'm going to use what I have now. I mean...where do you stop!!!???

I like my process. Wash 1-4 times a week. Wax every 4-6 weeks. Ultimate Quik Detailer when I feel like it. Wheels get a look at every month....and glass when it needs it.

I have actually been using that horrid Turtle Wax Colour Magic on my bonnet simply because it doesn't dry white in the stone chips....but i hope to get rid of the chips soon so will back to curnuba on the bonnet as well.

I like most of the Meguiars paint products that I have bought but the bumper care, tyre care, leather care and stuff for cleaning your dash suck big time.

I like their Hot Rims All wheel cleaner and the glass cleaner is great.

Autoglym Bumper care is the best I've used so far (after using Peanut oil) for the black bits. I'm going to use the Meguiars stuff and alternate until the Megs stuff has run out. I use a CraigD tip...and quick detail the black bits when I'm using Quik detailer...it helps protect the black stuff too.

I use ****pit shine on the dash...but hear that the Armoural stuff is good too.

I use Poorboys Wheel Wax on my wheels...haven't made my mind up about that yet. The finish is like silk after application...repels water like hell...but I only used one coat last time...they say two to three...and I didn't have time to apply three coats. Don't know if it lasts with one coat.

Oh well...it keeps me off the streets

mark

vintageb3
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottieCoop View Post
    do you really need a PC.?? is your car paint work that bad.??

how often are you polishing your car with it.??
    I haven't polished it at all with the PC. My paint work is OK...but I wanted it to help me with sorting out a few scratches and stone chips...and to use on my van etc. We have a lot of tools...we love tools...its a hobby :)

I only plan to use it once a year if required on the car for polishing. It can be used for applying wax as well...but I like doing that by hand. Would have half the car waxed before I got the bloody thing out of the box

I don't drink Fi...got to get rid of my money somehow!

mark

WTBH Mark I think your daft.

you now need to spend some of you hard earn cash on this

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acata...180polish.html

Cooper Coupe...

I like most of the Meguiars paint products that I have bought but the bumper care, tyre care, leather care and stuff for cleaning your dash suck big time.

True you should get poorboys natural look it's the best

I like their Hot Rims All wheel cleaner and the glass cleaner is great.
    big NO NO nothing more than just washing your wheels with car shampoo
    Autoglym Bumper care is the best I've used so far (after using Peanut oil) for the black bits. I'm going to use the Meguiars stuff and alternate until the Megs stuff has run out. I use a CraigD tip...and quick detail the black bits when I'm using Quik detailer...it helps protect the black stuff too.

Craigs idea is good but raceglaze bumper care is excellent I'll post pics tonight of the result as our new motor has HUGE bumpers

I use ****pit shine on the dash...but hear that the Armoural stuff is good too.

Armoural is crap use poorboys natural look

I use Poorboys Wheel Wax on my wheels...haven't made my mind up about that yet. The finish is like silk after application...repels water like hell...but I only used one coat last time...they say two to three...and I didn't have time to apply three coats. Don't know if it lasts with one coat.

Used Poorboys wheel sealant love the colour but only after I have waxed the wheels several times.

HTH. If you can instruction form a girl.LOL

Thats the trouble sitting in front of a computer screen for the past 6 years with nothing to do you read to dam many sites.

In fact before you buy any other products best asking me first to see if I have it and we could come to a deal.
    Cooper Coupe...