Legitimate headlight upgrade?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Car
    R53 GP
    Hi folks

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BMW-MINI-CHROM...QQcmdZViewItem

Does anone have an idea if these headlights featured in the link above would be legit?

Just from looking at the page in which the lights are selling on, I can sense something dodgey ... or is that just me? Just by the way its layed out etc not that im fussy

Reason being anyway is that I have wanted a set of facelift headlights for a while now but didn't want to buy a set due to the high costs + the involved costs due to the hard job in fitting them. So these are kind of a steal at £170

Cheers folks, Ryan:)

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Hmm, not sure, don't know the legal issues here at all, however, i see they have the headlamp washer bit, so, they are a replacement for the Xenon headlamps, so, you must retain the Xenon feature and i'm guessing that you swap over all internals except the Halo part???

I would be asking the question to him

GAJ
    I wouldn't botherasking as the seller has already answered your question in his description - Road Legal & E-marked - Your car Will pass an MOT with these lights on.

Car
    R53 GP
    Quote Originally Posted by GAJ View Post
    I wouldn't botherasking as the seller has already answered your question in his description - Road Legal & E-marked - Your car Will pass an MOT with these lights on.
    Yes but just the fact that the page in which he is selling them from looks dodge.

There are alot of dodge sellers as you will know

Quote Originally Posted by Bonnie Scotland View Post
    Hmm, not sure, don't know the legal issues here at all, however, i see they have the headlamp washer bit, so, they are a replacement for the Xenon headlamps, so, you must retain the Xenon feature and i'm guessing that you swap over all internals except the Halo part???

I would be asking the question to him
    Thats what i was thinking but i am a tad confused

I will get onto it and ask him if Halogen lights can operate through these headlights, or whether you have to have factory fit xenons.

Hopefully time will tell + it will be really good news to me if they are 100% legit and can run on halogen bulbs.

Ryan
    Last edited by RyanK; 6th July 2007 at 01:36 PM.

Sweeney
    Be wary, They don't look like standard bmw/mini parts looks like replicas, plus offering them in black rather than chrome, most certainly not a bmw/mini option

GAJ
    The page doesn't look dodgy to me. The boy's no graphic designer, granted, but he has been selling headlight upgrades on eBay for almost 5 years and his feedback is excellent. He states that the lights are e-marked.

It looks like a pretty professional outfit IMO, he lists a physical address and a land line number, and he has published a privacy policy which complies with the DPA.

If you still have any doubt search on the address and telephone number, but I think you are worrying unnecessarily. (Probably because his page looks like a teenagers homepage from 1998!!)

Car
    R53 GP
    Quote Originally Posted by GAJ View Post
    The page doesn't look dodgy to me. The boy's no graphic designer, granted, but he has been selling headlight upgrades on eBay for almost 5 years and his feedback is excellent. He states that the lights are e-marked.

It looks like a pretty professional outfit IMO, he lists a physical address and a land line number, and he has published a privacy policy which complies with the DPA.

If you still have any doubt search on the address and telephone number, but I think you are worrying unnecessarily. (Probably because his page looks like a teenagers homepage from 1998!!)
    Yes its just that reason, that his page looks like a teenagers homepage from 1998

However i have to agree with you, i based my opinion on the decor of the page. Not with the facts that you have stated i.e privacy policy etc.

Cheers for the advice

Quote Originally Posted by Sweeney View Post
    Be wary, They don't look like standard bmw/mini parts looks like replicas, plus offering them in black rather than chrome, most certainly not a bmw/mini option
    Yeh they are probably made from the company who make the Halo lights "ultra led".

I will have a look around on other websites in which offer ultra led's products then make a decision

They are not exactly mindblowingly cheap

Thanks for the advice

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Reading through his feedback your main concern should be the quality of the equipment he is auctioning Most of the negatives seem to be quality related.......you only get what you pay for in this case I think.....there cheaper for a reason
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

X30YES
    2d worth now

1st .I'd say the page is ok and straight to the point ,with telephone and contact details easy to find !! .
    2nd , He has a good feed back and 99.3%, and 33606 is not bad at all is it .
    3rd ,The only thing is ...is it a replacement lense/base and lamp holders ...what about all the Xenon Gas bits that are on the back for the conversion ,and is it not about 12-1300 from the dealers to change upgrade ...might be more I'm not sure ,so I'd ask if it included everything .
    4th , Black option ,I'm not aware of that from the stealers as "the boy says".

G19RNT
    hi there i have a set facelift xenon lights the 2004 onwards style if you are interested they have bulbs and starters and washer jets no washer pump bottle or piping tho am looking for £250