Pic of my S with its new Aerokit

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vintageb3
    Here's a pic of my S with its new aero kit. Still can't get used to the grille so may have to get the dremel out and try and get the original grille in there

mark
    Last edited by vintageb3; 9th July 2007 at 11:18 PM.

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Look fab Mark.

Forgot to text you earlier today.....

I have a solution to your grille/all-black looking front problemo.

Spotlamps.

The chrome around these will sit nicely with your headlamp surrounds and the silver scoop.

Trust me, I know what I'm talking about.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Car
    R56 Factory JCW
    Looking sweet Uncle Mark... and ill second spotlamps would finish it off nicely

From Factory JCW to Audi TT Quattro - Might be back one day!

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Yep, another spot lamp recommender (is that a word ) but, go for 4 spots, not the measly 2 :)

vintageb3
    I will think about that...but sorry guys...I don't really like spotlights on Mini's...

I had a pair...and sold them on.

I've never driven the car in the dark anyway...and that's the truth.

When I'm on holiday in a few weeks...I will try a few things...maybe back to the original grilles...maybe back to all black.

Thanks

mark
    Last edited by vintageb3; 27th June 2007 at 07:59 AM.

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Quote Originally Posted by vintageb3 View Post
    I've never driven the car in the dark anyway...and that's the truth.

mark
    What? Scared are you?

Seriously though, like Bonnie Scotland says..... four spots on an all black would look the muts.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

vintageb3
    I'm a happy chappy again!

Today i pulled out the two parts from the Cooper S bumper that I required..i.e. the chrome bit and the black bar bit (matches the bar of the grille)...and started about hacking my aero front bumper so that I could get my Cooper S chrome grilles back on.

I must say I hated the aero grilles on my black "S". I saw a light Grey "S" in Kirkcaldy today....it had the aero kit and grilles...and it looked great.

There was just too much black going on with mine.

Tools required:

1. Dremel
    2. Hot Glue Gun
    3. Masking tape
    4. Pencil
    5. Stiff heart

It was a breeze to do this little mod.

None of the locator holes or clip holes lined up....so i simply cut my own.

Took about ten minutes to do...and it looks like it came out of the factory that way.

I used hot glue to help secure on the back of the front bumper...but it wasn't really required.

I will take a pic and post up when i get a chance.

If anyone needs a hand to do this...just give me a shout...the whole thing takes about an hour to do.

As soon as I shut the bonnet...I was happy again!

mark

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    Looked good Mark, but bet it looks even better with the chrome grille back in! Chrome & Black ye canny whack! Noticed how you cropped the lovely blue motor next to yours to stop getting a showing up!!!!

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

Gorbash12346
    ahem coming from an extremely unbiased side... *cough* i'd say avoid the genuine mini lamps at all costs they rust far too quickly

vintageb3
    Well I like the look Euan...

Didn't mean to blot out the petrol tanker...sorry

Gorbash...I know all about the BMW ones...read all the woes on here

Thanks!

mark