Aero kit questions...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vintageb3
    I'm still thinking about geting a Aerokit for ma bairn...

Stoopid Questions:

1. After the kit is fitted...is it any lower to the ground than the standard Cooper S "kit"? i.e will I hit speed bumps?...as I don't at present...

2. Do the arches stick out more or are they the same as the Cooper S arches? Don't want my wheels to look odd.

3. Do the side skirts have black plastic on the lower edge? (Can't really find a good pic)

4. Is it easy enough to fit the skirts?

5. Is there anything i should buy when I buy the kit...say extra clips etc?

EDIT: 6. Are the arches still black plastic...and do the bumpers still have black plastic on the edges.

I'm not sure if the black plastic has been colour coded in the pictures i'm looking at...and I don't want them colour coded

Thanks!

mark
    Last edited by vintageb3; 15th June 2007 at 09:21 PM.

Sweeney
    It isn't so much lower just the lip underneath front bumper is a little bit further forward, so if you take big speedbumps at speed or ramps in multi story car parks the lip will graze the surface... Mines hit off lots of things and only wee scratches in it (im talking proper scrapes and bangs :P), nothing a bit of back to black cant hide! :o I think the side skirts ar marginally lower but give the illusion of being much lower than they really are, ive yet to ground my car and ive had it park in some dodgy areas of road/pavement/concrete in work :P

Arches are the same, side skirts have plastic on the bottom but im sure its all one piece rather than seperate. In regards to clips and fittings i haven't a clue, i struggle to change lightbulbs in the hoose never mind working on ma car

Have a good look at one of us that have it on a run/meet then you'll see exactly how it is before parting with money as it is very expensive for what it is
    Last edited by Sweeney; 15th June 2007 at 09:26 PM.

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    dead easy to fit skirts and bumpers etc. If you are reasonably technicaly minded then it shouldnt be a problem.

vintageb3
    Thanks Guys!!!!

I didn't think it would be too far away from what I have...

Lightbulb?...

Guy is walking down the road...he bumps into a mate who only has one arm. So he asks his friend what he has planned for the day. His friend says "Oh....Not much...I'm just away to change a light bulb"

Without wanting to seem insensitive he asked "err...how are going to manage that?"

The guy replied "Oh...it will be easy enough...I still have the receipt"

Bucket of fish!

mark

Sweeney
    Read that joke donkeys ago think its on my phone too lol (too many now to know :o )

So you coming along to the run tomorrow, be able to get a look at aero kits there

vintageb3
    OH!!!!! YOU HAD TO MENTION RUN!!!!!

I'm working :(...shop fit this weekend :(

Would have been nice to put a face to a font..HUH!?

Are you going on Ian's run next weekend?

Kim and I will be there...

mark

Sweeney
    Pull a sicky
    Afraid not, going to something on saturday and will be till late so won't even dare try make it up in time for his run lol

Not much of a face mind you but my gob, well as you may well have gathered im a cheeky barsteward :o

vintageb3
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweeney View Post
    Pull a sicky
    Afraid not, going to something on saturday and will be till late so won't even dare try make it up in time for his run lol

Not much of a face mind you but my gob, well as you may well have gathered im a cheeky barsteward :o
    Can't pull a sicky when you are the boss mate:(

I will be in Glasgow till 1.00am next Saturday/Sunday...but I'm still going on the run!

We'll meet up sometime mate!

mark

Sweeney
    Ah well, the joys (wait a minute... thats what ive to look forward too, oh no! )
    Well i dunno when ill be home, long drive to and from and will be on till late-ish i think im too much of a lightweight to go without 14hours of sleep at least per weekend nights :P (f*** knows how ill get up for oban tomorrow though lol)

Aye no doubt, i don't go unnoticed

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Quote Originally Posted by vintageb3 View Post
    I'm still thinking about geting a Aerokit for ma bairn...

Stoopid Questions:
    1. After the kit is fitted...is it any lower to the ground than the standard Cooper S "kit"? i.e will I hit speed bumps?...as I don't at present...
    A: We found it was a bit lower. We were catching on speed bumps that we didn't before fitting the kit. I agree with sweeney that the lower front trim sits further forward, but I think it does sit lower too.

2. Do the arches stick out more or are they the same as the Cooper S arches? Don't want my wheels to look odd.
    A: They're the same arches ya dafty. The arches are attached to your bonnet, they don't change with the body kit.

3. Do the side skirts have black plastic on the lower edge? (Can't really find a good pic)
    A: They do have a thin strip of black plastic, but it all gells together with the standard Arches.

4. Is it easy enough to fit the skirts?
    A: Dead easy. Hand to dealer and say: "Fit these aero kit please" Seriously though, I'm only marginally better than Sweeney on this. Although I can just manage to change a lightbulb.

5. Is there anything i should buy when I buy the kit...say extra clips etc?
    A: Refer to answer above.

EDIT: 6. Are the arches still black plastic...and do the bumpers still have black plastic on the edges.
    A: As the arches don't change, they remain black plastic. There is a thin black plastic strip runs all round the car with the Aero kit. It gels just nicely.

I'm not sure if the black plastic has been colour coded in the pictures i'm looking at...and I don't want them colour coded
    A: Whyevernot? Your car would look the muts nuts with nice bright PINK arches, with huge green and blue Daisey flowers thrown on in random intervals... Cue Churchill Dog... Oh, yes, yes, yes, yes!

Edit: My answers refer to our R53 Hyper Blue. Although the R56 Laser Blue is pretty much the same.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto