Autobrite Foam lance...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vintageb3 View Post
    Col...What you have is "good flow"...everyone should have between 50 and 90 PSI mains water pressure.

mark
    unfortunately this is not the case for everyone Mark.

Having had 2 houses in the Country

1st Dunblane private water supply poor flow poor pressure. Indeed in the summer the spring well would dry up and we had to switch over to the Ardoch River and filter the water through our own private filtration plant. Lovingly know as the pump house. Then we had to fit laser things to the taps in the house. See folk that turn on a tap and water comes out and don't need to worry have no idea. god I remember when it was heavy rain the water was brown with peat couldn't wash you whites jeez and we are only talking 6 years back. toon folk have no idea.

2nd Muir of Ord. Mains water to the road then our own old 1950's imperial size pipes to our house just two small and restricted our flow of water and in turn restricted our pressure.
    Last edited by Scottie; 14th June 2007 at 12:46 PM.
    Cooper Coupe...

CoNs
    i have both a gilmour and a foam lance

both are good

but the foam lance is amazing! i use it with a Lavor Rio Hot Wash, only thing i clean my car with

will take some pictures with it later

vintageb3
    Quote Originally Posted by CoNs View Post
    i have both a gilmour and a foam lance

both are good

but the foam lance is amazing! i use it with a Lavor Rio Hot Wash, only thing i clean my car with

will take some pictures with it later
    Bloody hell!...Yours must be good!!...

I can only wash the car with mine ...

Silly me

mark
    Last edited by vintageb3; 14th June 2007 at 09:52 PM.

vintageb3
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottieCoop View Post
    unfortunately this is not the case for everyone Mark.

Having had 2 houses in the Country

1st Dunblane private water supply poor flow poor pressure. Indeed in the summer the spring well would dry up and we had to switch over to the Ardoch River and filter the water through our own private filtration plant. Lovingly know as the pump house. Then we had to fit laser things to the taps in the house. See folk that turn on a tap and water comes out and don't need to worry have no idea. god I remember when it was heavy rain the water was brown with peat couldn't wash you whites jeez and we are only talking 6 years back. toon folk have no idea.

2nd Muir of Ord. Mains water to the road then our own old 1950's imperial size pipes to our house just two small and restricted our flow of water and in turn restricted our pressure.
    I have lived on a farm as well Fi...and my own hoose his is still outside of the town...but only just...and on a rurel postal route...

But my water supply was never as bad as yours
    Last edited by vintageb3; 14th June 2007 at 10:13 PM.

vintageb3
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonnie Scotland View Post
    This has been very enlightening for me
    If i ever wanted to foam my car, it's all here
    Then again, i'd rather watch several dozen episodes of Big Brother on a 14" black and white portable
    No...I think I would still rather foam..in fact...I'd rather foam...cut my toe nails into the quick and dance in salt...listen to Nana Mouskouri...and pay double tax than have to endure that dirge on TV

mark

vintageb3
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashik View Post
    LOL, neither is mine, its to circa £50 metal job with extra foam and supersnow foam stuff mines pretty damn quick, Mini goes from HyperBlue to Fluffy white if 5 secs...... Beat that!!!

PS this one http://www.autobritedirect.co.uk/sho...oducts_id=1726
    Sorry Dashik...didn't mean to imply yours was the wee Karcher one...was differentiating between the two for the good folks here.

Still haven't tried mine on my car....because BMW still have mine:(

mark

vintageb3
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Col View Post
    Well thanks for that mate. Having worked for a pump company for 10 years I don't think I am mixed but it was kind of you to post. It is the difference in pressure I was talking about though. :)
    Well obviously you took that the wrong way Mr Big Pumpy Bum!

If you hadn't worked for a pump company...you may have found that interesting...but obviously you took that in condescending way which was not intended. Sorry if I offended you...but no need to get all pumped up about it!

"Weir" only trying to help (Get it???..."""Weir"...Weir Pumps???)

But I felt "impelled" to...

Oh I give up!:(

Still think flow is the issue with the Gilmour...But hey...I'm only a rocket surgeon

mark

Dashik
    Sorry Dashik...didn't mean to imply yours was the wee Karcher one...was differentiating between the two for the good folks here.

Still haven't tried mine on my car....because BMW still have mine:(

mark
    Looked for it when I was in Phoenix yesterday, was that the one that was racing round the carpark in 1st at 9750 rpm with 9 mechanics sitting in it eating pies with gravy.............

Oh and I got a delivery of 5l of SUPER SNOW FOAM today Anyone seen 'Day after Tommorrow'?

vintageb3
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashik View Post
    Looked for it when I was in Phoenix yesterday, was that the one that was racing round the carpark in 1st at 9750 rpm with 9 mechanics sitting in it eating pies with gravy.............

Oh and I got a delivery of 5l of SUPER SNOW FOAM today Anyone seen 'Day after Tommorrow'?
    Err..mate...I don't think so:( ...its the one that was left exactly where I parked it two days ago and nothings been done to it yet.:( Actually I tell a lie...someone managed to move it...and park the front spolier on the kerb. I'd personally like to thank that person:mad:

mark

I have lived on a farm as well Fi...and my own hoose his is still outside of the town...but only just...and on a rurel postal route...
    I never said I lived on a farm. I lived in a big HUGE CASTLE in the country with 5 acres ground and stables just off the main drive. Now lets see if you can beat that
    Cooper Coupe...