Autobrite Foam lance...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vintageb3
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Col View Post
    I've got a Gilmour and it's excellent but we have pretty high pressure at our hose point and that makes a HUGE difference as I used it at my mates once, he had keech line pressure and the foam gun was rubbish!
    Col...What you have is "good flow"...everyone should have between 50 and 90 PSI mains water pressure.

Everyone gets mixed up between "flow" and "pressure"

Plumbers often turn down the stop **** or gate valve or ballofix fix to stop pipes banging or water splashing over your worktop when the cold water tap is turned on full. This reduces the flow....but not the pressure.

We have great 'pressure" and reasonable "flow" and the Gilmour doesn't come anywhere near this lance.

I'm not saying "Nah Nah...mines is better than yours" I'm only hoping that if someone reads this...has a power washer and has the choice between a Gilmour and a Power Washer foam lance...they think twice before buying a Gilmour.

I also noticed that I use less chemical with the foam lance...but as ever YMMV...

mark

vintageb3
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashik View Post
    So you've started foaming have you? best get to a VET asap

I got the Karcher Foam lance from Autobrite as well about a month back, I can say that the service was fine and I LOVE The lance great fun, then rinse, Shampoo, Rinse, dry , Polish, wax repeat etc....
    This is not the Karcher £14.99 foam attachment...its supposed to drink chemical...and has no adjustment. But check on Youtube...there's a guy using one...it looks "OK"

AB supply many attachments to go to many different makes of power washer for their brand of foam lance.

Hope this helps

mark

vintageb3
    P.S. I'm not putting anyone down here if they like their Gilmour/Karcher attachment etc...kinda sounds like that...sorry:(

I'm just over the moon with this foam lance (even at proesent when my Karcher lance is playing up a bit) and thought i would pass it on here as I know may of you will have power washers.

I do hope this helps someone out

mark

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    This has been very enlightening for me
    If i ever wanted to foam my car, it's all here
    Then again, i'd rather watch several dozen episodes of Big Brother on a 14" black and white portable

euan
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonnie Scotland View Post
    This has been very enlightening for me
    If i ever wanted to foam my car, it's all here
    Then again, i'd rather watch several dozen episodes of Big Brother on a 14" black and white portable
    Big Brother has made it big in Baku??? :-)

S7JGW
    Clean and Shiney also sell that lance if you have problems with autobrite.
    Jim

Dashik
    Quote Originally Posted by vintageb3 View Post
    This is not the Karcher £14.99 foam attachment...its supposed to drink chemical...and has no adjustment. But check on Youtube...there's a guy using one...it looks "OK"

AB supply many attachments to go to many different makes of power washer for their brand of foam lance.

Hope this helps

mark
    LOL, neither is mine, its to circa £50 metal job with extra foam and supersnow foam stuff mines pretty damn quick, Mini goes from HyperBlue to Fluffy white if 5 secs...... Beat that!!!

PS this one http://www.autobritedirect.co.uk/sho...oducts_id=1726

Mr Nice :-) & Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by vintageb3 View Post
    Col...What you have is "good flow"...everyone should have between 50 and 90 PSI mains water pressure.

Everyone gets mixed up between "flow" and "pressure"

mark
    Well thanks for that mate. Having worked for a pump company for 10 years I don't think I am mixed but it was kind of you to post. It is the difference in pressure I was talking about though. :)

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Having WORKED for a pump company
    You use that word loosely of course...........at one point you logged more hours on this website that you did at said pump company
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

Mr Nice :-) & Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Gordy View Post
    You use that word loosely of course...........at one point you logged more hours on this website that you did at said pump company
    Oh very very very loosely mate!