Autobrite Foam lance...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Sweeney
    Surely water will find its way into them and help/cause corrosion?

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweeney View Post
    Surely water will find its way into them and help/cause corrosion?
    Into where? the engine?

the engine is all sealed up. If you mean the electrical connectors then maybe, if you were to set about them on a super hard jet setting going right up to them but generally they are a pretty tight fit (for that reason). Its fine doing the engine bay with the jet wash about every 3 or 4 months. You can do the door checks as often as you want.

Sweeney
    Yeah the connectors and leads etc is what i meant, i have my moments but i am aware that the engine block itself is rather tightly sealed from the elements

Im still unconvinced as foam takes a good rinse to get rid of but hey ill give it a go on monday or something

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    Must admit, ive never used foam on the engine bay. If the bay is very dirty then it probably wont remove it all. Particularly under the bonet where minis get very dirty. I use all purpose cleaner such as Meguiars all purpose or Autosmart G101. These chemicals can be diluted into a sprayer then used on engine bay, door checks and up wheel arches. Leaves these areas like brand new.

vintageb3
    Detergents and chemicals (same basis that if you washed the car with fairy liquid constantly eventually the paint would go brittle and be prone to cracking and what not) Each brand of snowfoam is different etc
    Sweeney...the guy I bought my Gilmour from told me that snow foam is made by one company owned or rep'd by a girl called Rachel down south.

When this guy started up...he was asked what he wanted his snowfoam to be called...and the supply company prints up the labels. He told me that everyone that sells snow foam sells the same stuff.

I take on board what you say about the snow foam though...it doesn't feel as good as car shampoo if you rub it between your thumb and forefinger (EH!)

I'm going to use it on the vans...and use Turtle Wash and Wash on the car.

mark

Sweeney
    Well elite car care make their own as far as i know?
    I know of a couple other suppliers that valeters in this area use. It's def a harsh form of cleaning, no harm in occasional washes but better off with washmit etc. Btw i do have foam guns and use snowfoam, shampoo etc... im not being biased in any way Oh and i agree that its a great option for commercial use etc (vans, lorries etc )

vintageb3
    Well elite car care make their own as far as i know?
    I know of a couple other suppliers that valeters in this area use. It's def a harsh form of cleaning, no harm in occasional washes but better off with washmit etc. Btw i do have foam guns and use snowfoam, shampoo etc... im not being biased in any way Oh and i agree that its a great option for commercial use etc (vans, lorries etc )
    Elite was one of the companies that this guy mentioned as being the same stuff as his.

I bought 5 litres from him...and its the exact same type of label and container as elite...

Check it here:

http://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/produc...roducts_id=283

http://www.becarcare.co.uk/index.asp...T&productid=35

Same stuff I think...make your own mind up.

By the way this guy stays in Cumbernauld...and keeps all the Poor boys stuff...and he is cheaper than most!

mark

Sweeney
    Ah well, wouldn't be surprised anyway with the amount of rebranding that goes on in todays car industry

CoNs
    sorry vintage just seen your post on the last page

i used the free snowfoam i got with my gun and tbh, it was alot more foamier, but i think the TurtleWax stuff i am using atm does a better job at cleaning it

i buy the TW for £30 for 25 litres so it lasts a while

vintageb3
    TELL ME MORE!!!!!!

Does it foam well???

Is it wax safe???

Where can I get some?

Thanks!!!!

mark
    Last edited by vintageb3; 9th July 2007 at 07:36 PM.