Autobrite Foam lance...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vintageb3
    I bought a foam lance for my Karcher cleaner...and it arrived today...

£43.00 from Autobrite UK...they are not easy to deal with though...I had to call them and hassle them to ask when i would get the AB lance...as I had heard on "detailing world" that people had been waiting weeks upon delivery. Mines only took 3 days to come

I was part of 50 group buy on that site

Here's a link to Elite's site that shows you the results if you use a foam lance.

http://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/produc...roducts_id=302

Thought it would be handy for the vans...and the occasional use on my car.

I love making foam!

I bought one of those Gilmour foam guns...utter crap!...its going on ebay!

The foam on the car shown in the pic was probably created by only about 12mm(1/2") of shampoo in the bottle....so its cheap to use

Just fill the rest of the bottle with water...and start foaming!

mark
    Last edited by vintageb3; 13th June 2007 at 08:12 PM.

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Mark, do you know if the shampoo is wax free? As we've got Diamondbrite on our cars, we can't use any shampoo's that have a wax base. But I've always liked the look of a foamed-up car.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Sweeney
    i use the gilmour one with hyper wash, snow foam etc, works fine... Although using snow foam like pictured will eventually do more harm than good as its designed for a touchless wash better off using a foam shampoo like hyper wash and get the ole wash mit and bucket or two out, produces a nice clean finish and isn't harsh like the snowfoam

vintageb3
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyP & Lenore View Post
    Mark, do you know if the shampoo is wax free? As we've got Diamondbrite on our cars, we can't use any shampoo's that have a wax base. But I've always liked the look of a foamed-up car.

A.
    You can use any shampoo you like Andy...it will foam just the same...

mark

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Quote Originally Posted by vintageb3 View Post
    You can use any shampoo you like Andy...it will foam just the same...

mark
    Cool. Might just get me one of them then.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

vintageb3
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweeney View Post
    i use the gilmour one with hyper wash, snow foam etc, works fine... Although using snow foam like pictured will eventually do more harm than good as its designed for a touchless wash better off using a foam shampoo like hyper wash and get the ole wash mit and bucket or two out, produces a nice clean finish and isn't harsh like the snowfoam
    You are entirely correct Sweeney...I'm not a lover of the snow foam...will use that on the vans.

I like Turtle wash and wax...and on the MINI I will use the foam gun to pre wash...then rinse...then foam again and use my washmit with bucket to ensure that I don't pick up grit on the mitt and spread it about.

The Gilmour is poor in comparison to the quantity and quality of foam from this lance...and its even worse of you have poor flow on your supply (notice that I didn't say pressure on your supply...that's different from flow)

Anyone want to buy a Gilmour...only used once!

mark

vintageb3
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyP & Lenore View Post
    Cool. Might just get me one of them then.

A.
    I would buy from Elite...AB didn't even send me a invoice...or an email to even say that they had received my payment.

Now I have to try and track them down for an invoice.

bummer!

I was getting more foam than in the pic by the way Andy....but I don't think its neccsary....just loads of fun.

Foamed my Dad's monoblocks with patio cleaner...it seemed to help the cleaner dwell longer...and also foamed his caravan with snow foam.

Hope this helps

mark
    Last edited by vintageb3; 13th June 2007 at 09:32 PM.

Dashik
    So you've started foaming have you? best get to a VET asap

I got the Karcher Foam lance from Autobrite as well about a month back, I can say that the service was fine and I LOVE The lance great fun, then rinse, Shampoo, Rinse, dry , Polish, wax repeat etc....

We had the foam lance up at Inverness. Lasted all of about a couple months then we never used it again. H'mm wonder where I put it maybe sell it to someone.
    Cooper Coupe...

Mr Nice :-) & Sponsor
    I've got a Gilmour and it's excellent but we have pretty high pressure at our hose point and that makes a HUGE difference as I used it at my mates once, he had keech line pressure and the foam gun was rubbish!