GRS Intercooler Upgrade

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Sweeney
    Haha i have also learned how to ruin a car, no engine mods involved mind you! Many ways to do it

Quote Originally Posted by Sweeney View Post
    Haha i have also learned how to ruin a car, no engine mods involved mind you! Many ways to do it
    Sweeney my lad unless you have reached w/o 3+ cars don't even go there.
    Cooper Coupe...

Sweeney
    Plenty time yet! Like father like son as they say (hes running out of fingers and toes to count them all on! :o )

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottieCoop View Post
    aye it's the old dug for the hard road and the pup for the pavement Sweeney my boy. I'm not young enough to know everything.

I learnt my lesson on how best to ruin a car by engine upgrades.
    I take it you mean the Zeemaxed Beast? Stands to reason.... Squeezing 270+bhp from the 1.6 Chrysler lump was never going to give you the most relaxing time was it? Anyway, I thought it was the Bodykit & Suspension (Scrape! Bounce!) that caused more probs was it not? You pays your money......The intercooler is just the latest “Weakest Link” I'm getting around to, getting the air charge temperature down to maximise the JCW upgrade. Don't reckon the engine will need more doing to it - it's quick enough for my talents! Now TYRES..... that's another thing....

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Quote Originally Posted by ELFMAN View Post
    Now TYRES..... that's another thing....
    oh God no.... not the tyres thing again.... you nearly had a meltdown the last time you were trying to decide...

vintageb3
    Quote Originally Posted by ELFMAN View Post

Now TYRES..... that's another thing....
    Maybe you should stopped that Rover on the Thistle Run and asked him about tyres?

I reckon the guy worked for tyreservices the way he pulled away from every halt sign!

I think you should stick with what you have...errr..like new ones i mean. You seem to be happy enough with them?

mark

Gorbash12346
    i'd stay away from the bluefin as they have released 2 versions for the fiesta st and both have been proven back to back to give absolutlely no gain in power, fuel economy is never tested but thats not what your after anyway is it?

as for dastek i've had very poor experience of them and tbh i'd steer clear of there too although that might have been because there frontman paul was more interested in securing big money customers than letting me know what was going on with my car after i sat up in their dalgety bay outfit from 8am through to 8.30pm at night

the car was booked in for a unichip to be fitted and mapped about a month prior to that which required a £50 deposit and upon arriving i waited till half 12 before anyone actually even took my car into the workshop then after hours of asking to speak to paul to see what was happening (it was now 6pm) and him completely ignoring me so he could talk to other potential customers i decided sod him and went in through the shutters to speak to the guy who was working on my car he told me they had had issues getting my revcounter to work again but it was all ok now and they where just taking it in to map it..... hours later... ok heres your keys and heres what you gained from spending £440 on a unichip and taking the day off to come up here and sit for 12 hours...

this was after adding a miltek 4-2-1 a custom made 200 cell sports cat system with oxygen sensors in place pre and post cat a piperx viper with custom made hardpiping and cold air feed direct to the front grille and a ford wds switch to 97 ron fuel minimum
    so he explains it's going to be more responsive and smoother and use less fuel... so i drove home and now my mil light is on and flashing all the time so i thought check manual it says stop driving immediately so i thought pffft ok so it's doing something... drove on and just about to cross the forth road bridge and the car starts stuttering no power doing kangaroo petrol stuff... not amused so drove home then in the morning phoned up and said whats going on they checked it over and said nothings wrong even though i took my plugs out and they where carbon coated and my car stank of unburnt fuel

so i got a full refund and it removed from my car and it still doesn't run right due to the lack of a remap but i can't do a lot about that now that i've already bought all the other parts:mad:

anyway i believe paul has started up a new business of his own and all i'll say is good luck to him as if he treats all his customers like that i'd reckon he won't be around too long

apologies for the punctuation

Gorbash12346
    so is mister leung on here owner of sk03 dyp? zeemax beastie?

vintageb3
    Gorbash...you have a PM

mark

Gorbash12346
    pm rite back at ya