GRS Intercooler Upgrade

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    After my usual investigations, I'm “almost certainly” about to go for a GRS Intercooler (and possibly a Superchips Bluefin JCW Remap). I've heard and read many good things about the GRS, but would appreciate any NMS folks' opinions on either or both of the above.

I know the Intercooler will do some good in conjunction with the JCW engine, but will the Bluefin be worth the money (I know £££'s are all relative depending what you're looking for and am not expecting miracles from the Chip). Any thoughts (especially from you 'serious tuners' out there) would be most welcome. Ta!

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

Sweeney
    Better off with MTH over bluefin, although would be even better going to someone like angeltuning etc and get a real time live map on a rolling road
    Last edited by Sweeney; 13th June 2007 at 09:23 AM.

Yeah Sweeney, Superchips are a bit vague about the Bluefin, no proper figures etc, which puts me right off...... all this 'up to' 10% torque and 'up to' 8bhp....This is after I requsted specifics for the JCW 210, have mailed them again, but if nothing detailed comes back, I'm forgetting it. Rolling Road is def. a better way of remapping, I just like the idea of the Bluefin 'cos it was shooty-in! Where's Angeltuning? Also places like Dastek would probably be best way of setting up 'post Intercooler Upgrade' - then they're working directly with your car, and not using 'generic' or 'near enough' parameters. Cheers anyway. More folks, More!!

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

Sweeney
    as far as i know, bluefin only works on a clean map... Those with the 210 jcw kit have a JCW map installed im sure as do us soundkit owners so we cannot use it.

Yeah dastek, angeltuning etc live remap would be best option... More bang for your buck that way!

No, apparently there IS one for the JCW 210 - according to Nick from Lohen and Superchips themselves. I wasn't aware of one until I started asking. It's all a bit vague, as Superchips don't actually have a set of figures for the JCW 210........ so how do they know what it does then?

Surely if Superchips had remapped a JCW they'd have a Rolling Road power curve etc taken when they'd done it. There's the rub.

Sweeney
    Ah i wasn't aware of a compatible one as i looked into it this time last year and it turned out bluefin wouldn't work. Aye exactly, if someones boasting power increases, they'll be wanting to prove/show off the results and not be so "general" and "rough" with figures.

One thing worth considering is that you tell MTH what mods etc you have and they build a map to suit, superchips is a stock map and isn't customised (afaik).

Euan, this is becoming one very special little car, that is certainly not just for Xmas. I'd expect both of you to be getting a telegram from the Queen some day

Crombers.....don't say "any day soon"

Here is a idea leave the car the way it is.
    Cooper Coupe...

Sweeney
    Aye fiona, how very fitting for you to say something like that :o

Quote Originally Posted by Sweeney View Post
    Aye fiona, how very fitting for you to say something like that :o
    aye it's the old dug for the hard road and the pup for the pavement Sweeney my boy. I'm not young enough to know everything.

I learnt my lesson on how best to ruin a car by engine upgrades.
    Cooper Coupe...