Online ICE shops?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    euan
    I'm after a couple of bits for the new car, anyone got any places that give good service, wide range online? Not very sure of any local places to me and fitting seems a doddle for what I want to do.

FergusM
    I used http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/ in the past and found their prices very good.

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    Quote Originally Posted by FergusM View Post
    I used http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/ in the past and found their prices very good.
    I have used them in the past as well. Fast delivery and stuff seems a good price also.

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Scottiecoop and I always get our kit from Mikeythemini

Mikey is expensive but has got the kit & delivery is quick.

euan
    Cheers, I'll give those a go.

The problem I may have is that some of it is not the most recent kit, so not everyone has it, but I'll have a word with Mike and see if he can help.

New car will have a new Alpine MP3 CD in the boot, complete with MP3 ID text on the display, alongside a very neat (if somewhat beta!) ipod adapter, conrolled via the head unit. I've got the ipod stuff coming tomorrow, just need to source the changer.

Also considering a small amp replacement, as th new car doesn't have anything over the standard BMW setup, so a new amp should help (I may do speakers later) - all with the aim of improving sound and keeping the standard look to the car.

FergusM
    Quote Originally Posted by euan View Post

The problem I may have is that some of it is not the most recent kit, so not everyone has it, but I'll have a word with Mike and see if he can help.

New car will have a new Alpine MP3 CD in the boot, complete with MP3 ID text on the display, alongside a very neat (if somewhat beta!) ipod adapter, conrolled via the head unit. I've got the ipod stuff coming tomorrow, just need to source the changer.

Also considering a small amp replacement, as th new car doesn't have anything over the standard BMW setup, so a new amp should help (I may do speakers later) - all with the aim of improving sound and keeping the standard look to the car.
    Mikey is the one to goto for specific stuff/questions, if you know exactly what you want then caraudiodirect is good.

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    I would do the speakers first you might find that good enough to eliminate the amp requirement = less cost :)

FergusM

And...sometimes some "funnies" in the speakers that is fitted, as in low ohm... so worth discussing with Mikey as might affect choice of amp etc ?

Speakers is first thing I would upgrade.

I know when I had my 1 series Mike said that the speakers were terrible and small. Infact further on I think he even said it was the same crap speaker used in the in the 7 series. I think it would be safe to say that the quality of speaker in you motor will be pretty much the same as what I had.

If your going to tackle the job yourself then Mike would be my choice of who to buy the parts from as you know what you get will fit. I also think should you come to any problems he will help talk you through them.

Or you could spend that wee bit more and drop by his place on a trip to Scotland and get them installed. You pays your money and you get a decent job.

Yes he might be expensive when we had our V10 Treg and used a local ice shop in Falkirk. Had to go to Mike to get their mess sorted and he was shocked at the job they done.
    Cooper Coupe...