xenon headlights

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    G19RNT
    i just replaced my halogen lights on my on my 2006 mini cooper with xenons but when the engine is on they dont work or they flicker i justswapped them straight over is there something else i should have done?HELP

Banned
    Car
    GP 0878
    Sadly its a big job!!

check www.mini2.com

Sweeney
    Im sure theres something about the amount of extra power over halogen they need? Could;ve blown a fuse? have you checked fuse box

G19RNT
    what does the job entail?is it something i could do myself?

Banned
    Car
    GP 0878
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweeney View Post
    Im sure theres something about the amount of extra power over halogen they need? Could;ve blown a fuse? have you checked fuse box
    They actually use less power but the 04 mini's onwards need slightly different wiring and a re-program of the control unit.

There is a thread about it here http://www.mini2.com/forum/john-coop...ow-follow.html

Sweeney
    Ah, *shuts mouth* :o

FergusM
    I thought to be legal you needed a self levelling system and head light washers ?

Banned
    Car
    GP 0878
    Quote Originally Posted by FergusM View Post
    I thought to be legal you needed a self levelling system and head light washers ?
    Yes thats also true but first they need to be working before worrying about the next stage

fireman01
    i upgraded the lights on my car to,occasionally they flicker when you turn them on,i just give the engine a slight rev and the come on,also found that i have to be stopped to turn them on or they flicker like a disco ball

vintageb3
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Yes thats also true but first they need to be working before worrying about the next stage
    Is this where the unlock door bit comes then?

mark