new clutch fitted and just got stuck

pamelab21
    :mad:
    Car had slight rattle coming from clutch and when pressed foot on clutch it went away. Booked into garage and they fitted a new clutch and said that when they did this they found the master slave cylinder was leaking as well so they replaced that while they were there. Got the car back and it has been fine for the past couple of weeks but started it up yesterday to let other half put his car in the garage and while my foot was on the clutch and brake the car revs started to go up like it was trying to make the car go even though I hadn't let my foot off the clutch. Tried to take the car out of reverse and it was stuck, pulled the hand brake on, the revs kept climbing and then the car stalled. Felt I was fighting against the car as it just wanted to go (like a car possessed! )
    At this point I managed to force it out of reverse but the clutch was stuck to the floor, put my foot underneath and managed to pull it back up. Started the car up again and it was fine. Let me put the car in reverse and park it no problems.
    Other half is going to call the garage tomorrow and hoping this will be covered under the work that they did as the cars warranty expired last week :mad: . I just hope they don't try say that its not related to the work that they did. I know the work has 6 mnth warranty on it.
    Anyone else experienced this? Other half thinks its to do with the hydraulics.

Sweeney
    You had the clutch disengaged but it was still revving on its own and trying to move the car?

pamelab21
    yes. that would have been the shorter version.:o

Sweeney
    Ah, have this happen in work quite a lot but thats on lorries

pamelab21
    cheers

seem to have found the problem. DP in Hamilton sent a mechanic out to me at work yesterday and he thought the master slave cylinder they fitted was faulty, took it in this morning to have it replaced again while I waited and 2 hours later they discovered that the one they were trying to fit was faulty too! Ordered new part and this should be in tomorrow so was sent away with a 1 series.
    Did speak to a nice GP owner while I was waiting though. First one I have seen and looks smart. Has a burning smell coming from the gearbox apparently.
    Fingers crossed third time lucky..............

Sweeney
    ah dougie p's... say no more

least they found out what it was :)

Gorbash12346
    Last edited by Gorbash12346; 16th May 2007 at 07:46 AM.

Sweeney
    I kept my mouth shut