Hi guys,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Starky
    Just picked my coop s. last week, am lookin to run a changer cable in, any tips on rippin the trim off, the bear'll have me if i damage anythin :blackeye:, you all seem like a nice bunch, cheers for now :)

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Welcome to NMS Starky, i'm sure you'll find loads of info on here, as for your changer cable, have you looked behind the drivers side boot cubby hole, there may well be the cable you need already :)
    If it is there it will be taped up neat and tidy, it will be a block connector, if it's there then you can source either a second hand Mini unit or go aftermarket with an adaptor.

Failing that, simply remove the side sills to run the cable under the carpet and then through to the rear.

let us know how you get on

Starky
    quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

Welcome to NMS Starky, i'm sure you'll find loads of info on here, as for your changer cable, have you looked behind the drivers side boot cubby hole, there may well be the cable you need already :)
    If it is there it will be taped up neat and tidy, it will be a block connector, if it's there then you can source either a second hand Mini unit or go aftermarket with an adaptor.

Failing that, simply remove the side sills to run the cable under the carpet and then through to the rear.

let us know how you get on

Starky
    quote:Originally posted by Starky

Just picked my coop s. last week, am lookin to run a changer cable in, any tips on rippin the trim off, the bear'll have me if i damage anythin :blackeye:, you all seem like a nice bunch, cheers for now :)
    Thanks Bonnie Scotland, but I've had a quick swatch and can't see anything taped up :(, do the sill panels just pop off and will I need to take the rear side panels off? thanks for the info, preciation :)

Sponsor & Jakey
    Welcome to NMS Starky. Hopefully see you at one of our future meets or events, you'd be made more than welcome. I'll wait for Bonnie Scotland to get back to you on the changer query, afraid I wouldn't be much help there :clown:
    Occasional MINI driver....... but mostly Uma Thurman ;0)

Julz
    Hello Like Willie says, Inspector Gadget will be the man to see, even better, you should see inside his boot!! As for all this cable stuff, I couldn't be bothered, oh for the love of MP3!!!:clown:

Car
    Full on JCW!! :)

Alternatively... and this depends on whether you're using the standard head unit or an aftermarket one, and the size of the changer you're using...
    Will it fit in the Glove compartment?? Mine does (shame it won't work with my new HU :() then it's easy to run the cable thru one of the wee grommets into the compartment
    Unless of course if you have A/C.... hmmm....

P.s... Welcom to the insanity onf NMS!!

Starky

Thanks for the welcome you guys, yeah, I'm using a Kenwood H/U from a previous with a Kenny 10 disc unit, fraid it won't fit in the glove compt. though, nice idea. I've went and stripped the console down now i cant get aerial adapt. anywhere, silly size, is it not, or silly b****r more like it. hope to see some of you soon on one of these runs/mini adventures. Cheers for now.

Wul
    Welcome Starky!

Few pointers for you!
    1. To fit an aftermarket H/U you need aerial adaptor, fascia adaptor and wiring harness - the total kit costs about £25ish and zoom or mikeythemini ( www.newministuff.co.uk ) can supply you with these.

2. Check out this thread to remove the H/U http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/snitzforums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1033

3. I ran my JVC Changer cable to the boot as follows.
    With H/U out look in hole where h/u goes and you can see into the drivers footwell - pass the end of the changer cable up from this point and plug into the back of the h/u.
    Then you can run the cable behind the dash/shelf under the steering column, behind the plastic trim to the right of the accelerator, under the plastic trim at the door sill, up and under the trim at the rear speakers under the rear seats and into the boot - my 12 disc changer fits nicely in the recess where the car jack should be - out of sight. If you have an S then it can be mounted on the drivers side as there are prefitted mount points below the cubby hole here.

In doing it this way you won't need to remove any trim panels at all - only the base section of the rear seat.

Any probs - just ask.

seany
    welcome