Back at Mini AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Quote Originally Posted by KenL View Post
    That certainly sounds like a fault :(

Exact same for me Ken, which is why it has been in 2 times to get fixed and why the Head of MINI Tech is looking into it... I sometimes think from the tone of your posts that you think I just put my car in for silly little problems.... This problem definately sounds like an air lock of some description, therefore not a good situation..

I still have a few other problems that I haven't bothered telling them about yet as it's been 4 months and I'm still waiting on the original problems getting fixed...:(

The Dogfather
    Just an observation, but it seems as though MINI are using the Microsoft method of product testing. i.e. release it to the public and let them find the bugs.

Shocking, MINI are taking advantage of the popularity of the car and buyer brand loyalty. I'd have rejected the car if I'd have half the faults that you've had Craig, but then again I'm not the most patient.

Car
    I did reject the car Paul 3 months ago :( , however they told me that I had to give them an opportunity to fix it and if they couldn't fix it satisfactorily then I could go done the rejection route. They would not budge on this. I therefore said yes and I am still waiting on them fixing all of the faults (only 2 to go and going in tommorrow to get one of those fixed... )

Shocking service from MINI UK :mad:

FergusM
    This is rather worrying me ! I think I need to read up on the procedure for rejecting a car, if I get issues like you are getting I will be following that procedure to the letter.

Not that I want to reject my car, just that I will not be putting up with it not being perfect, afterall it will be costing a lot of ££

How many goes do you have to give them to fix ? Guessing best to put everything in writing so that it is easy to keep a track of when reported, and any subsequent attampts to fix.

FergusM
    Quote Originally Posted by deerslayer View Post
    Well my mcs is back @ Mini in bits again . The centre consol doesnt light up. The footwell sensor has been short circuit.Oh & it takes 2 days to fix p.s we dont have courtesy car for you. The timing chain is rattling like feck. 1more fault & they can take it the feck back & ill have my £22k back, A lada would have less faults.Well they have fixed the light problem, but i have to wait for the BMW TEC to come from England about my noisey engine. They say they dont no what the problem is. They dont no when he is coming back up to Scotland. What a set up what do they no , well ill tell you he better get his ass in gear or i will never be off the phone/fax/email till there desperate to give me my money back.

What dealer is trying to fix your car ?

The Dogfather
    Craig, as I understand it, its your decision to reject the car, MINI should have no say in the decision. If they can't fix the car within a reasonable period of time say a month at most then you should have no problem if you have to take them to court to get your money back.......

Resident old yin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig & Jude View Post
    I did reject the car Paul 3 months ago :( , however they told me that I had to give them an opportunity to fix it and if they couldn't fix it satisfactorily then I could go done the rejection route. They would not budge on this. I therefore said yes and I am still waiting on them fixing all of the faults (only 2 to go and going in tommorrow to get one of those fixed... )

Shocking service from MINI UK :mad:
    The shocking service is from the dealer. Your contract is with them, not MINI UK.

Resident old yin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig & Jude View Post
    Exact same for me Ken, which is why it has been in 2 times to get fixed and why the Head of MINI Tech is looking into it... I sometimes think from the tone of your posts that you think I just put my car in for silly little problems.... This problem definately sounds like an air lock of some description, therefore not a good situation..
    Sorry about that :o

I thought you had the water sound occasionally on start up. This was also reported by R50 owners.

Resident old yin.
    This thread: http://www.mini2.com/forum/2nd-gen-f...-your-car.html on MINI2 offers advice on rejection.

If I were you. I would write to the dealer principal, stating that they are allowed one further attempt to fully and finally fix the outstanding faults within a certain timescale. If they fail, you expect a full refund or replacement car ordered to your spec.
    Last edited by KenL; 9th May 2007 at 04:55 PM.

Car
    Quote Originally Posted by KenL View Post
    The shocking service is from the dealer. Your contract is with them, not MINI UK.

The biggest problem is that the manufacturer put out the vehicle with so many inherent faults and when the dealer attempts to fix them, there are no parts available, that's what I mean by shocking service from MINI UK.:(

I am not saying the dealer has been perfect with the way this has been dealt with, but at least they are trying to fix the problems :) I am waiting on the Tech from MINI coming to look at the car (for the 2nd time) and we shall see what he has to say on the running water noise..