Air con

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vintageb3
    I've made complaint about my aircon not working to BMW...

They tell me that it needs serviced and filled with gas.

I asked if there was a leak...and was told no...so asked why it needs filled with gas?

Has anyone else had aircon problems...and how often does aircon need serviced.

Been quoted a figure of £110....so don't fancy spending that if I have to shell that out every year.

Thanks

mark

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    I had to get my last mini topped up. It was an 05 plate. I took it to a place in Galashiels called Munro's. They took £40. They do alot of air con recharges for local garages in that area. They done my dads Audi TT as well and his Saab before that. They do a great job.

PACMAN
    what are they topping up? :I I've never had to do that for my 206 Pug

BJN
    My Golf needed the gas topped up twice in 3 years, 1st time was done under warranty, I never bothered 2nd time as I was gettin rid of it. Girlfriend's 206 never needed topped up at all in 4 years!

Think they recommend having it done every 2 years

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    I was told if you dont use it often then when you go to use it then it will need a top up. I had my last car from new and the air con was on almost all the time and yet it needed topped up when the car was about 14 months old.

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Can't say I've ever had to top up an Air Con unit, never had any problems with it in any car. I use it all the time too.

I would echo what Ian King said about Monro's in Galashiels. They are a fantastic bunch of guys. Had lots of work done by them, including a few Witter Towbars, and they installed the Road Pilot's in the X5 and the MINI. My family use them for all their cars too. Every time we go there, we get absolutely fantastic service. Probably the best service we've ever experienced out of any garage/vehicle repair/auto electrical place ever ever ever. Steve Monro (the owner) is a top bloke and a good customer of mine too!

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Resident old yin.
    I know you should use it often to keep the seals lubricated. My mate with an Astra found it wasn't working after about 9 months. He hadn't been using it and follishly told the dealer this - they refused warranty work and he had to pay.

I told him to check if it explicitly said you had to use it in the manual, not sure if he did.

Resident old yin.
    This is what Directline say, I gues this is where I got my info - they are my insurers.

http://www.directline.com/motor/uninsured.htm

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    quote:Originally posted by KenL

This is what Directline say, I gues this is where I got my info - they are my insurers.

Wrong thread, perhaps?

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

PACMAN
    quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

quote:Originally posted by KenL

Wrong thread, perhaps?
    other words a way to get you to re insure with them