Edinburgh MINI dealers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    duncan
    My Cousin is in the market for a Cherished MINI, and visited the local dealers.

Unfortunatly the site sponsor has ruled themselves out of a sale, after ignoring her for approximately 30 minutes, without even an acknowledgement. Yes, all dealers get busy, but a quick "I'll be with you asap" would go a long way to get a sale.

So she went to Dunedin, and seems to have recieved some decent service, and come away with information for a Cherished Cooper, and told if she wanted a test drive tomorrow, phone ahead to make sure all is OK.

Now, does anyone have any comments to make as to the service of Dunedin?

I've tried to keep her right as to the ins and outs of buying a Cherished MINI,such as the TLC is a must, and the usual about tyre depths - especially one those expensive runflats, and the options packs, but does anyone have any further comments of things to look out for?

Many thanks!

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Duncan, who is she dealing with at Dunedin?

Two of the three MINI salesmonkey's are golfing buddies of mine and Neil's.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

duncan
    Ahh, that I don't know.

I've already had 2 phone calls from her today asking about things, and no doubt there'll be more!
    I'll ask her when she's on next :)

Resident old yin.
    Well, this is a difficult one!

In the UK, sales people have a difficult time deciding which way to deal with people. A lot of people do not like to be approached for fear of the "hard sell", so dealers leave people alone to have a look for themselves.

Did your cousin ask the sales team for some help or additional info?

I visited both Dunedin & Eastern before ordering my R56, I found both to be courteous and spent plenty time with me, even though I made it plain I required a fair deal before I would commit.

Does your cousin have a trade in? I found Dunedin to be well short of the guide price for my car, so were Eastern but quite a bit better than Dunedin. This was also the case in 2002!

Goldminione
    I found Eastern to be very obnoxious. The guy said he wouldn't take a deal any further because we wouldn't give him our phone number so that if somehting came in. We're ex directory and we refused.

Alan

duncan
    Well, she's gone and bought the one she liked. Link

Andy, its a Brian Smith she's dealing with.
    Ken, I take your point, but if I get completely blanked after walking into a dealership, I'm not impressed. A wee acknowledgement, from the Finance woman, seems to have won Dunedin a sale here. Luckily, there's no trade in :)

Resident old yin.
    Nice car, hope she has fun in it.

Remember to tell her to say hello on here.

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    quote:Originally posted by duncan

Well, she's gone and bought the one she liked. Link

Andy, its a Brian Smith she's dealing with.
    Ken, I take your point, but if I get completely blanked after walking into a dealership, I'm not impressed. A wee acknowledgement, from the Finance woman, seems to have won Dunedin a sale here. Luckily, there's no trade in :)
    Haven't heard of him. He may be one of the BMW guys moonlighting in the MINI side. Also could be their new MINI Sales Manager. I don't remember his name but he started with them at the beginning of January. He used to be a salesman in Chathams Honda (where we first met him) then we last saw him in Stratstone (sp?) Land Rover in November, next thing we know he's the new MINI Sales Manager. Honestly don't remember if his name is Brian Smith though. Glad Dunedin are looking after her though. Although I do think it helps that she doesn't have a trade in.:I

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Resident old yin.
    Brian has been at Dunedin for ages (years!). Not sure if his name is Smith, but there is a Brian.

Mr Nice :-) & Sponsor
    quote:Originally posted by Goldminione

I found Eastern to be very obnoxious. The guy said he wouldn't take a deal any further because we wouldn't give him our phone number so that if somehting came in. We're ex directory and we refused.

Alan
    Hmmm. Not sure what you were expecting the guy to do for you there mate? How was he supposed to take the deal further?