Just a thought

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tahra
    Fine with us too Calum, after it was discussed the last time I was all set for handing over a fiver for the Skye run espec since we got the plates. When it didnt happen forgot to bring it up...!

Car
    Mini Cooper
    Well that as easy enough . I based my amount on the fact I've done two runs and the amount people suggested here :approve: . Does this mean I'll get a "sponsor" tag? - ooo exciting

Linda M
    I'm always for supporting Calum and the NMS site. I feel that more money 'has' to be contributed in some form to keep the site going, how exactly to do it I'm not that sure but I do think the best way is through site sponsorship.

Just a thought would maybe be that once someone's posts reach a certain amount they then have to become a sponsor in order to keep posting but this may be a bit of a hassle setting up, it's just an idea.

There is something I'd like to make clear about 'runs'.....last year before the Perthshire cruise I had 2 very long drawn out chats with Tayside Police about the 'run' and for a day it looked like we were going to have to cancel it.

The law states that as long as we are just a group of MINI fanatics meeting up to go for a drive there are no problems HOWEVER using the word 'Club' and paying for memberships (I know that's not what's being proposed here) would put us in with the likes of The Clan who have to pay 'hefty' insurances to cover their runs. These sort of things are always a worry for run organisers, I know that Willie and I are always relieved when a run is finished.

I'm not sure how handing over money on a run day would sit with the law if there was an accident :question:

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    This is a coincidence. I was just thinking about sponsorship and how I should put something back into the club for the enjoyment I get from the site, attending the runs and seeing all the folks and their cars, so this is a timely topic.

I think £5.00/car (or whatever is deemed appropriate) per run is perfectly acceptable. For the cost of a couple or so pints you'd get a great day out and the guys/girls who do the leg (or wheel) work to organise things would be reimbursed for their expenses which is only fair. Anything left over would be handy for expenses/plaques/stickers etc for future runs.

On a more sober note, when money's being dealt with, whether through Fees or Contributions per run, there should always be checks and balances and an element of “transparency”, which I'm sure there will be. Then everyone can see what's happening.

Twenty years in the voluntary sector have made me aware of this, as there can be problems over even the smallest amounts of cash if things aren't monitored properly. No suggestion WHATSOEVER that this would happen, but it's something you have to keep in mind when money is more “formally” involved. We don't need an accountant, just perhaps a modification to the existing sponsorship system.

On the whole, I think a more formal contribution would be a fairer way of doing things, and would benefit the club.

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    Just a PS.
    SORRY LINDA, I skipped a page before I posted my reply (NUMPTY).

Wasn't aware of the “Club/Insurance” conundrum, which obviously complicates things. Sorry if my bit above seems out of touch! We therefore have to be very careful, especially as some of the runs are getting pretty big. I joked early on on the “meets” forum about the Police attitude in St. Andrews, but as the club becomes more and more popular, we may well have to make sure we're covered properly for all eventualities. Nearly thirty MINIS turning up somewhere may ruffle official feathers in some areas, and while I'd hate to lose the informality we have, I'd also hate us to be classed as a “gang” who bypass the rules totally. It's not fair for organisers such as yourself who have to worry about accidents etc if we really should be covered by some form of insurance.

This “problem” will have to be tackled as numbers increase and it may be something we simply can't avoid.

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

sh@z
    yeah im all for paying some sort of fee .. .afterall you cant put a price on what this site has given us all :).

And Wul should pay for he says he's going to a run, then pay again when he cancels (cancellation fee) that way we MIGHT see him on a run sometime in the future

Linda M
    You hit the nail on the head ELFMAN !! I think decisions will need to be made in the future with regards to runs as they do seem to be growing. I know it seems extreme but it would take a whole load of worry away from run organisers. The thought of being up in court one day due to an accident is 'very' scary. Sorry for the doom and gloom but it's the day and age we live in.

Wul
    quote:Originally posted by sh@z
    And Wul should pay for he says he's going to a run, then pay again when he cancels (cancellation fee) that way we MIGHT see him on a run sometime in the future

Oh - so it's gonna be like that is Sh@z!:blackeye::evil:

I'm off to get all my posts in the meets forums deleted!

Wul
    Oh and by the way Sh@z - i noticed your Name says "Big Tumshie" below it and not "Sponsor"

No pressure though!

Ahem! nudge nudge wink wink!

seany
    now now kids