Outside Temp?

-Sy-
    Finally remembered to postthis message!... My Temp reading on my sat nav screen always reads 18.5 or higher (Up to 23) depending on how hot it is. Now I know this must be faulty was it does it when its snowing!

Where is the sensor located? Is this a common problem at all?

Sy

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    There is a probe behind the front bumper, not sure if it's the right one that you're looking for

Gorbash12346
    pretty sure it's mounted behind the lower grill on the right hand side and yes they are a common fault (looking at the car from the front)

yeah its the one behind the front lower grill as Gorbash says

-Sy-
    Whats the best way to fix this?, Dealer or can i sort it myself?
    Sy

If you car is still in warrenty get it done by the dealer, if it isnt - remove the front bumper (easy to do) and swap the probe for a new one bought from your dealer. If its reading something then I would suspect the wiring etc is ok and its the sensor thats gone US. I think this is the part.

Gorbash12346
    usually it will say -40 if the wiring is damaged

-Sy-
    Cheers for the replys folks. I've booked Coopsie in at John Clark for Thursday to have it looked at, Also going to have a poke about today and see if theres any other niggly things needing fix (Air intake is never secure under the bonnet)

Sy