JCW Injectors - A Few Queations

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Aberdeen Al
    Where's the best place to get JCW injectors?

What do they cost?

Easy to fit?

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    I don't know if they're available on their own. I've got 'em, but I have the full monty engine upgrade. I reckon BMW own all the rights to the JCW upgrade stuff, as John Cooper Garage unfortunately now shut, and if BMW will sell them to you, you can bet you'll pay through the beak for them! According to my 'Mini Cooper Register' club contact, you can get in touch with a guy called Tony Franks, Ex-JCW, on: tony@minimotorsportcentre.com - he might be able to help - eg tell you the make/spec of the injectors and whether it's worth doing.

Just nosey - why are you looking for them anyway? What other mods are you running? Will they be compatible with mods other than the JCW upgrade? There are loads of tuners getting 200+bhp on the standard injectors.

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

You probably will struggle getting JCW ones, as stated above, plenty of other people make them , M7 available from Essential as an example. I have them on my car, they are slightly bigger than the JCW ones, they were easy to fit but Im not sure they were really necessary because as ELFMAN says many aftermarket tuners are getting high bhp figures out of the standard injectors. Im not even sure they are really necessary with the JCW kit, but more of another way for them to justify the cost

Aberdeen Al
    I'm running the GTT220 kit, +1% lightweight crank pulley, GTT manifold, JCW exhaust & GRS intercooler - thought the extra fuel from the injectors may push me a bit more.

Cheers guys - I may look at spending the money on other things.

No probs Al - If you're like me, you'll need the cash for Shell 'V-Power' anyway!

Going off on another tangent, how's the GRS Intercooler doing? It's been on my “to do list” for some time. I was in touch a while back with Graham (I think) who makes them at GRS (I think he IS GRS...), but he reckoned the standard S tune (which I had at the time) didn't need his Intercooler - there's honesty for you!! - but if I went to a higher state of tune it was worthwhile. Now with the 210 upgrade, it's back on the cards. The colder/denser the air, the bigger the bang, although the JCW Pulley reduction is (I think) fairly conservative, so the extra heat from increased boost might be slightly less than some other conversions - BMW obviously don't think it's a problem, or they'd have made it part of the upgrade and charged another £600.00 (at least) for it! What do you reckon? Maybe the intercooler thing's worth a wee thread of its own?

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

I have the GRS intercooler, its a cracking piece of kit, well made and when you put it along side the standard one it dwarfs it by comparison. I have also seen Rolands GTT version and its possibly slightly bigger, however Graham at GRS only does intercoolers, and looking at his client list and the cars he has built them for I decided that I would stick with his one.

Thanks Martin - I was impressed with the GRS article in GoMINI, and with Graham's honest response to my earlier query - so if I go for a 'Cooler upgrade, that'll be the one.

Aberdeen Al
    I had my intercooler fitted prior to any of my other mods (except the CAI) - I fitted the GTT oil catch & GTT snoot boots can at the same time. There was a group buy on the Mini2 website which gave me a saving of around £40 so just went for it!

The intercooler looks the business and it seems to be working well & keeping the charge cool. I'm in 2 minds whether or not to fit the GTT water sprayer.

You'll probably be fine with standard one but if you want more power then it may be best to fit one.

I fancy the GTT water sprayer too Al :) Shall we start a group buy??? . When I asked Roland about fitting it to the GRS unit he said something would have to be fabricated to make it fit and he was going to send me some details so I could look into it - but I never got them. Have you spoken to him about fitting it to the GRS unit???

Aberdeen Al
    Hi Martin,
    No I haven't spoken to Roland about it but I think I know what he's talking about. If you look at the GTT intercooler there is a small "ledge" fabrication where the sprayer fits too. This ledge doesn't exist on the GRS intercooler so I would assume that something would need fabricated and welded for the spray unit to fit too.

ScottishCooperS has a GTT intercooler c/w spray unit - perhaps we should meet up with him and hae a looky.

If we can get a group buy going I would be very interested.