ScottishCooperS

Aberdeen Al
    Travelling up towards Northsound just after 4pm this afternoon (23rd March) - did wave but no response!

Never mind - the car sounds 'kin great

ScottishcooperS
    Hey mate!

Really sorry for not waving back, i didnt realise untill it was too late, lovely looking cooper s dude!

Cheers! You should hear it when i open her up!

Aberdeen Al
    Nae bother!

Do you use your GTT intercooler spray? Does it make any difference?

ScottishcooperS
    Nope, hav'nt got round to fitting it yet. Will fit it in the summer time.

Hows the car feeling after the work GTT did??

Aberdeen Al
    The car feels great - although I now want more which I thought was going to happen!

I've just ordered the GTT top front brace so I'll now have all 3 braces which should help turn in a bit more. I think I might look at the suspension in summertime - would you recommend the Eibach coilovers? Where did you get them fitted?

ScottishcooperS
    Sorry i took so long to reply mate! I could say iv been working hard but that would just be a lie!!

Im the same i thought i would be happy with the engine mods iv got but i just want more, more, more!! Yeah I would recommend the Eibach coilovers, they dont feel too harsh over bumps etc but transform the handling. Got them fitted at Checkpoint for £130.

I just fitted Brembo discs and pads and im gutted, i thought it would solve the poor braking that the cooper s has but clearly its the caliper that lets it down so AP kit for me next.

Aberdeen Al
    No problem!

Martin Sullivan & I are very interested in your GTT intercooler spray (even though it's not fitted!) - it may be our next purchase.

Go for the Porsche brake kit - it looks the bees ba's!

ScottishcooperS
    I'll let you know how it is when i fit the IC sprayer, might be doing it this week.

Yeah the Porsche brake kit looks amazing, but a bit expensive for me just now.

Was it easy enough to find/drive to GTT? Did you stay over night down there? Im half tempted to got to Lohen as they are closer but they dont really have any engine mods im after.

Aberdeen Al
    Yeah it was easy to find GTT - basically a straight road although I did use my TomTom for the last 30 odd miles!

I left Aberdeen at 10.30am and got to Blandford just after 7pm with quite a few petrol stops. I stayed overnight at a hotel in the centre of Blandford (£80 for B&B) and was at GTT for 8am as agreed with Roland. If you're going to be there for a few hours I would recommend hiring a car from the guys around the corner (£32 + £100 returnable deposit) because the location should let you know what to expect!! The journey home was better - I left Blandford at 6.30pm and got home just after 2am.

What you thinking of getting done? The 300bhp turbo conversion?

ScottishcooperS
    Sounds pretty good, makes me feel more confident about the drive down then. Im thinking of getting either the GTT 260 or the 300bhp turbo conversion, depends on a couple of things really....price/insurance/etc. The turbo is around 6 grand which is allot of money so will wait and see if i go on holiday etc this year.