MINI Delayed - update on page 2 :(

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

quote:Originally posted by rpn

quote:congratulations anyway hopefully it will be a easy birth.
    Its not the birth that he should be worry about its more how the new baby (car) behave in the first few months.
    yeh but Andy's motor is a automatic. was reading on Mini2 tonight that a MCS with the low down rattle is getting a new gear box Mini have indetified a problem with the MCS gearbox fingers crossed the Cooper will be ok

that doesn't sound good... they have already replaced the flywheel and clutch on mine and put the gearbox back in... Hope it doesn't have to come back out again. :(

quote:Originally posted by Craig & Jude

quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

quote:Originally posted by rpn

quote:congratulations anyway hopefully it will be a easy birth.
    Its not the birth that he should be worry about its more how the new baby (car) behave in the first few months.
    yeh but Andy's motor is a automatic. was reading on Mini2 tonight that a MCS with the low down rattle is getting a new gear box Mini have indetified a problem with the MCS gearbox fingers crossed the Cooper will be ok

that doesn't sound good... they have already replaced the flywheel and clutch on mine and put the gearbox back in... Hope it doesn't have to come back out again. :(
    if you check the post out on Mini2 Craig it is actually a guy with a new Cooper and it is a bearing failure in the gearbox.
    Cooper Coupe...

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Update Tuesday 20th March.

So, it turns out MINI are a little short of parts to make the gearbox at the moment. So our new assembly date is 17th April.:(

So it means we will have our current MINI for the Oxford trip. Which is cool by us.

So, although we're having to wait a wee bit longer for our new "baby" we'll be able to enjoy our current S a wee bit longer too.

Also, Menzies and MINI cust svcs looking after us too.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Car
    sorry to hear that Mr and Mrs P..:(

it's not the only parts they are short off...:blackeye::blackeye::blackeye::evil::evil::evil::m ad::mad:

good to see that you are being looked after, good stuff

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    Good to se a bit of customer service here, & all the best with your new MINI :approve:

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

markyc
    Sorry to hear you wee mowta is going to be a bit late guys :disapprove::disapprove: You'll enjoy it all the more when it arrives

'Roll up roll up' all those wanting a new gearbox for their R56 S Form an orderly queue now......:clown:

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    At least you wont have to pack 1000 miles on your new car in one weekend anyway.

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Yet more delays.:(:(

Just been informed by MINI Customer Services that there is still no sign of the automatic gearbox for our MINI. There is still a supply problem from the manufacturer. They are hoping to resolve the problem by second week in May!!! But there's no guarantee the 'box for our MINI will be included in that delivery of parts.

It is currently listed as a priority vehicle.

What is most frustrating is the vagueness of what we are being told, which is summarised as; "There are no automatic boxes available at the moment. We don't know when they will be available. We will keep in touch and let you know when your vehicle has gone into production."

I realise it's not any one's fault in-particular, and we were prepared to accept the initial delay, as "one of those things". But now we may not have our new MINI until June. After an early February order. What is this? An Aston Martin?

MINI customer services have reiterated they will make up the difference between the original trade in value and the eventual trade in value, and a gesture of goodwill to compensate us for our delay. So they do seem to be looking after us. I'd just rather they were able to give us more concrete production/delivery information.

Off to sulk like a baby.:(:(

A.:(

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Car
    just like we had with the delay with the "extra quality control checks". Aye right - faulty fuel pumps more like.. :mad:

I feel your pain, I think that the whole parts issue with the R56 is disgraceful on the part of MINI... I waited 6 weeks for an aircon control unit and I am still waiting on a set of speakers...

I think MINI have put low cost ahead of ability to satisfy the customer's needs...:(:(:disapprove::disapprove:

The Dogfather
    Next time buy a Vectra, there common as F*^K but there's no shortage of parts!

I joke of course, but MINI are really letting themselves down. I seem to remember SC having a simmilar supply problem with the 1 series, so maybe its all new BMWs.