Dealer Car 'Updates'?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Resident old yin.
    Just been out to check it.

The driver's side does indeed go up with a flick but the passenger side does not.

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    quote:Originally posted by Clare1

The Passenger side isnt fitted with 'anti trap' which means the window switch will need to be held until closed.

Yip, a safety feature.
    NOPE, a cost cutting exercise.:( If they can fit "anti-trap" to the driver's window, but don't fit anti-trap to the passenger window, they can't say that's a safety feature. If you had fitted anti-trap to both windows, that would have been a safety feature.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

vintageb3
    I agree Andy...not a saftey feature

I read that this little circuit that's on offer is clever...but not as clever as a human putting up the window.

I'll try and explain why: The window is completly down...so you hold the button until the window closes. You release the button quickly after.

If the window is only half open (or half closed) you will only hold the button for the time required to close the window...and again release the button soon after the window is closed.

This puts as little "strain" or load on the motor as possible.

The circuit doesn't know if the window is open fully or is half open but simply switches power for 6 seconds. If the window is only open 2" (50mm) this could mean that the motor is under load for 5 seconds after the window is closed.

This is why I have stayed away from that mod. I'm sure we will be fitting motors soon enough without accelerating the process.

mark

Mr Nice :-) & Sponsor
    It is a safety feature. It's argued that someone coul easily have their fingers in the passenger window and the driver may not notice.

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    quote:Originally posted by Big Col
    It is a safety feature. It's argued that someone coul easily have their fingers in the passenger window and the driver may not notice
    This is the one i couldn't remember :I:)

Wul
    quote:Originally posted by Wul

i'm sure it is to do with trapped fingers etc - there's a chance a child will be sitting in the passenger seat - but not in the drivers seat......in theory! I'm sure in America both sides can't auto close due to the chance of litigation!
    c'mon boys - wake up!