Dealer Car 'Updates'?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    -Sy-
    Again ask another question!
    My (And prob everyone elses?) passenger window will go down with a flick of the switch but you have to hold it all the way back up. This seams a bit silly to me and was wondering if the dealer can update an issue like this?.

I remember when my dad got his 1 series on launch day that a year later they got it back in to update a few things like the doors locking when driving away.

To Mini offer an update like this for the windows and other things?

Sy

that's one thing that MINI can't do for you. Try www.newministuff.co.uk where you can get a module that will do the job.

In fact, you can find the exact item here! http://www.newministuff.com/new/shop...uctshow&id=232

-Sy-
    Thanks Jonny. Seams a bit costly just for a minor problem so will prob skip it. Thanks for the links

Sy

Car
    motorised
    I wonder is that (holding the switch for closing) something to do with safety issue? To prevent trapped fingers! :sleepy: and then BMW get sue for design faults.
    s'later

Flickr
    500px

Car
    Full on JCW!! :)
    quote:Originally posted by rpn

I wonder is that (holding the switch for closing) something to do with safety issue? To prevent trapped fingers! :sleepy: and then BMW get sue for design faults.
    Don't think so..
    The driver's side one powers up in one flip of the switch for doing things like driving throught Bridge tolls etc, so the driver can flip'n'forget the window to get his/her hands back to where they should be...

Resident old yin.
    quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1
    Don't think so..
    The driver's side one powers up in one flip of the switch for doing things like driving throught Bridge tolls etc, so the driver can flip'n'forget the window to get his/her hands back to where they should be...
    Mine (R56) doesn't and my 2002 ONE didn't do it either!

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    It is a safety feature for the passenger window to NOT be able to be raised with a click of the switch, i can't remember exactly for what :I
    But, it didn't stop me fitting one

Clare1
    The Passenger side isnt fitted with 'anti trap' which means the window switch will need to be held until closed.

Yip, a safety feature.

Wul
    i'm sure it is to do with trapped fingers etc - there's a chance a child will be sitting in the passenger seat - but not in the drivers seat......in theory! I'm sure in America both sides can't auto close due to the chance of litigation!

Resident old yin.
    quote:Originally posted by Clare1

The Passenger side isnt fitted with 'anti trap' which means the window switch will need to be held until closed.

Yip, a safety feature.
    Does this mean my driver's side should close with one flick?

Must check it out.