Handbrake Handle etc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    Just bought a neat (one piece) chrome/leather handle for the S's handbrake, but can't see how the old one comes off. No instructions, and I don't want to “break the brake”. Has anybody fitted one, if so how's it done:question:

Also got Chrome Number Plate Surrounds, which seem to have lots of holes:I, but not where I need them. I'll get a better idea when I take the 'plates off, I expect.......HMMM. :mad:

The wee Chrome Washer Jets covers I can just about handle:clown:

All stuff from 'Cool New' if that makes any difference. Any advice gratefully accepted - it doesn't even have to be chromed

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

Resident old yin.
    I'll search out a thread on MINI2 for you elfman, I changed mine for the MINI chrome one.

Resident old yin.
    here you go:

http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28807&highlight=chrome+handbrake

duncan
    Was it pretty easy to do Ken?
    Just thinking of if/when i get my next MINI!

Sponsor & Jakey
    Oooohhh. Satelite's changed his name
    Occasional MINI driver....... but mostly Uma Thurman ;0)

Resident old yin.
    Yes Duncan, it was easy apart from easing the cable tie holding the gator over the rear of the handbrake. I didn't both fitting another tie in the end as you can just fold it over neatly and you would never know ir had a tie in the first place.

I thought you had one already anyway Duncan? I kept the original so that I can stick that back on when I trade/sell the car.

Wul
    Euan - i fitted the halfrauds version of the chrome number plate surround - don't worry if the holes are in the wrong place - as long as the screws can pass through the number plate and into the bodywork the pressure of the number plate on the surrond will keep it in place.

If the surround is obstructing the screws either drill a new hole in the surround or buy those sticky number plate pads instead.

:)

euan
    I always think that this is something I would do to my car. Then I have to do things that I did on Saturday and put a glove over the chrome part of my gear stick as it was FREEZING and I think again....

duncan
    quote:Originally posted by KenL
    I thought you had one already anyway Duncan? I kept the original so that I can stick that back on when I trade/sell the car.

Thats the plan for me too.

I didn't fit mine, John Clarks did it when there was a handbrake recall on, so i hadn't a clue how it came apart.

Resident old yin.
    So did they give you the original back?