Wee Dougie

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Minimaster sent me the rolling road figures for Dougie, with the exception of a very slight increase in BHP and torque from 4k to 5k my fancy engines power is almost the same as a stock engine :disapprove:

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

Minimaster sent me the rolling road figures for Dougie, with the exception of a very slight increase in BHP and torque from 4k to 5k my fancy engines power is almost the same as a stock engine :disapprove:
    Holy Feck!

time to get on the phone to Minisport for some money back. That's complete nonsence, especially after the amount of time they had it... (and prob the amount of money the charged you!!!!:disapprove:)

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    This just doesn't sound right Alan:evil: There is nooooooooooooooo way you would only get a small increase in power after what you've had done This is defying the laws of physics man:mad:
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    I have asked, well, demanded that mini sport's upper management contact me with regard to the latest info i have.
    However, i'm not holding my breath as they have ignored previous e-mails etc.
    I have been more than fair on here and the clan site with regards to them, but, i've now completely lost all faith with them.

I obviously won't be saying too much here until it's finally resolved, but, in the short term, if anyone knows the contact details of the upper management i would be very interested in that.

Here are the dyno results:-
    Note, due to the stalling problem the engine wouldn't produce a figure at 2000rpm

BHP1
    Rpm bhp Torque
    2000 0
    2500 19 39.92
    3000 28 49.02
    3500 32 48.02
    4000 40 52.52
    4500 45 52.52
    5000 42 44.12
    5500 40 38.20

BHP Standard Mpi
    Rpm bhp Torque
    2000 17 44.64
    2500 23 48.32
    3000 28 49.02
    3500 32 48.02
    4000 37 48.58
    4500 39 45.52
    5000 41 43.07
    5500 42 40.11

Car
    Fiona might as I do know she had BIG problems with them.

Car
    Full on JCW!! :)
    Alan, Are those the bhp figures at the wheels? (I hope so )

But still, that's a disgrace! With all the 'preofessional' work that's been done by such a high profile company, I think it's time to kick up a right stink. I would certainly be writing a long detailed letter to Miniworld magazine, and probably Mini Mag as well for their letters page. And out of sheer annoyance, I'd probably send a copy to MiniSport too! :mad::mad:

Got to be fair, you haven't had a pop at them on here, even after some egging on, and now you have some proof that their work was at best, shoddy.

good luck!

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1
    Alan, Are those the bhp figures at the wheels? (I hope so )
    Yes :disapprove:

Car
    Full on JCW!! :)
    Now I'm no legal expert..
    But here's a couple of things from their very own website and catalogue...

Even if their figures for bhp are at the flywheel.. there's NO WAY you can be losing that much to the gearbox...

Car
    especially as THEY replaced the gearbox and you think they would test it before giving it back to the customer... :(

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    quote:Originally posted by Craig & Jude
    especially as THEY replaced the gearbox and you think they would test it before giving it back to the customer... :(
    The gearbox wasn't replaced, but, it was overhauled at my request to be able to take the extreme torque as described in their adverts :disapprove: