subs and amp instal. Help and advice.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    minidriver#1
    i just bought 2 15inch Sub woofers and an amp (all JBL) and a wiring kit but i need some help, i dont have a clue what to do. The back seats will be folded down incase i need em in the future.

i have got my hands on the following...

2x15inch JBL GT3-15 subs
    Pro Power GTi A302GTi amp
    Autoleads amp wiring kit PC4-27 (8-Gauge Terminated power and earth cables, Blade fuseholder and spare 40amp fuse, OFC 5m phono cable, Remote switch lead, 2m subwoofer speaker cable and speaker terminals for ampliier and speaker.)

I'm not sure if the wiring kit is for 1 sub or if it will wire up two subs.

*cries*

Is there anyone here that can give some advice and things to remember? Stuff i need etc? Anyone brave enough to give me a hand?

Fanks.

KJ

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    KJ, John, aka Zoooooom springs to mind, as does mikeythemini, maybe even LnL1 and broken brian.
    Sorry, i can't help, one area of cars i'm not very good at, you could also post on MIN2 :)

Bonnie Scotland

minidriver#1
    thanks man. i've posted there also. I might ask John or Ewan if they fancy givin a helpin hand. I'm gonna look for guides and see if i can figure it out, cos it'd be good to learn. I'll post my findings here. :)

broken_brian
    have u got ur new toy installed yet then kj go round and chap shortys door he will know better than me since my sub was pre wired to the amp i just ran the power cable phono and earth to the amp easy for the power and earth due to the battery living in the boot

the kit should be able to wire up the two subs if he gave u the kit for wiring up two subs that is

Car
    Full on JCW!! :)
    Have you done it yet? Have you done it yet? Have you done it yet? Have you done it yet? Have you done it yet? Have you done it yet? Have you done it yet? Have you done it yet? Have you done it yet? Have you done it yet? Have you done it yet? Have you done it yet? Have you done it yet? Have you done it yet? Have you done it yet? Have you done it yet? Have you done it yet?

heh...
    If you need a hand, I'll gladly jump in and get me hands dirty. the install will be very similar to mine maybe just a wee bit louder tho... :blackeye:
    You should be able to do them both with the kit you got. you might need some more connectors tho
    Did you get a set of Phono leads to connect the amp to the Head Unit?

minidriver#1
    Ewan did a great job on the sounds last night. Cant wait to show it off. Thanks again man.

*ears ringing*

Mini Martyn
    "Sounds" good man cant wait to see it!

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Pictures :)

minidriver#1
    i'll do that rght now

minidriver#1

the edge of the JBL logo on the amp glows a dull red which is cool. The black box and the red logos and wiring match the car fine so far, but i'll upholster it in the future. Plenty of room left in the boot. Just need to secure the install now.