The new arrival

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Wul
    Question for Linda and Willie:

Which do you like better - the glovebox and small cubby hole combo or the trtaditional style two shelve setup?

It it was me i'd like the glovebox but keep the long shelve under the steering wheel.

Sponsor & Jakey
    Personal opinion but I 've got to say I prefer the glove box arrangement. Used to end up with bits and pieces spilling all over the place in our 1st Cooper (traditional shelving layout), Mind you, that was only when I was trying to keep up with Calum on the road from Oban to Tyndrum

The wee cubby hole on the drivers side isn't really that much use (IMO), quite like your idea of an open shelf on that side Wul. Perhaps you should get on to the design bods down at Oxford :)

Oh, and also prefer glovebox for security reasons. Keeps things away from 'neddish' prying eyes. Also serves as a nice wee drinks cooler if you've got air-con fitted
    Occasional MINI driver....... but mostly Uma Thurman ;0)

Julz
    I quite like having the two wee shelves, as it forces me to stop collecting junk, i.e. CD cases, parking tickets, sweetie wrappers etc.,

Resident old yin.
    I dinnae like that new cubby hole thingy. I'll never fit my CD case in there!

You can retro-fit the shelves on the driver's side apparantly.

Oh, I also think the cubby is there too on new cars even without the glovebox.

GAJ
    quote:Originally posted by Willie M

... quite like your idea of an open shelf on that side Wul. Perhaps you should get on to the design bods down at Oxford :)
    That's exactly what I've got in my car, a glovebox and a shelf on the drivers side.
    Am I special?

Linda M
    I like the glove box :)

Gaj you are special and you're getting new wheels on Saturday aren't you

GAJ
    I am indeed getting new wheels! I was in hospital today having my kidney stones treated (ouch!):(:dead::(:dead::(:dead::(:dead::(:dead::(: dead::(:dead::(:dead::(:dead::(:dead::(:dead::(:de ad: and the thought of the new wheels has fair cheered me up!:)

Resident old yin.
    Ouch Gaj, hope you're okey dokey now.

Is it the Guinness that did that to you?