inside of car

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

what is best product or method to clean the dash and trim on the new r56 models , dont want to end up with boy racer back to black dash or anything just want to keep clean and new looking , tried and tested options only

The Dogfather
    I use armoural stuff, I think that's what its called, it's the one with the viking on.....

Doesn't leave a massive oil slick if thats what your after

what cloth or such are you using as i bought a microfibre fromhalfords and its useless leaves bits of thread all over dash

Mark R
    I've had the same thread issue on my windows with a brillo microfibre cloth just to let you know.

Best I found to use are the Meguiars cloths although there are bound to be cheaper options than those.

The Dogfather
    I use a eCloth, we got it ages ago from BnQ

Resident old yin.
    A damp cloth in plain water works for me.

I would not use any product like Armourall on the inside, we don't have much in the way of UV than will damage the dash.

The MINI interior cleaner diluted in water works well and smells nice.

I have not had a problem with microfibre cloths dropping fibres. There is a Vileda (?) one for windows which is a very close weave, it works well on the inside.

Gorbash12346
    go to tesco's and get some of their household microfibre dusters (they feel really odd and sticky almost and a tub of meguiars interior wipes.. wipe the whole car with the interior wipes then go back round with the microfibre thoroughly and et voila it looks brand new

Wul
    Remember to wash the MF's from new before you first use them - without softener - this helps reduce the fluff they leave.

CooperTrooper
    Hey!

Just my tuppence worth . . .

Ive used every interior cleaner over the last 10 years, autoglym, creams, foams, silicons . . ..

bI now find the best cleaner to be a microfibre cloth dipped in a weak solution of fairy liquid - brings it up a treat - uniform matt finish, none of ur slippy greay finishes!

save your money on cleaners and get a good microfibre!!

CooperTrooper
    another wee tip :

I found out by accident that the silver cupholder rings pull off - alloowing you to really clean in and about them, mine were always sticky and dirty with coke etc - not now!