Sky vs Virgin - not a happy camper!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Wul
    Well if you've been following the debacle over the last few days re Virgin Media and Sky falling out you'll know that last night was the deadline!

And this morning - checked sky one on my cable - GONE! and sky news etc too!!

Having been loyal to cable for over 6 years and liking the fact of not having a dish on the side of the house - i'm now left with no option but to defect to Sky - aint missing the rest of Lost having stuck with it till now!!

Cost wise they are both the same - but it's the hassle and dish that bugs me!

Harumph!:mad:

More Info Here

Car
    Full on JCW!! :)
    Really? Bugger. I'd heard about that.. didn't check the telly this morning tho :(

We'll be moving soon, and out of range of proper Telewest cable apparently, so we were thinking about going over to Sky anyway, probably that 3 for £26 thing they're doing now. I'll miss the unlimited Broadband, but I suppose Sky's 40 Gig a month limit *should* be enough..
    On the plus side, defecting to Sky will give you loads more channels with the above package , but I'll definitely miss Virgin/ Telewest's 'Teleport Replays' and the big library of films to 'rent' when you want.
    I'll have to get my mitts on a Sky Plus box as well tho..

(I think the new place still has it's dish from previous owners.. so that could be a bonus!

The joys of moving to the middle of nowhere!

The Dogfather
    I looked at Sky Broadband, but their customer service record the delays in getting connected put me off. I've decided to go with Freeview and a DVD subscription to iLovefilm.com as most sky channels get on my nerves with the number and length of advert breaks.

duncan
    quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1

The joys of moving to the middle of nowhere!
    Its not just the middle of no-where where Cable doesn't go.
    The top of my lane has Cable, as does the bottom.
    As for the bit in the middle where I am - nope!
    Not bad for the middle of Dundee.

Oh, and i'm still waiting for Telewest to get back to me as to why I can't get Cable. That was 6 months ago. :mad:

Wul
    Update: Called Virgin and they are now offering the basic TV package to exisitng customers for free so long as they keep the phone/ braodband - this means I can gey Sky and keep my Cable box for the same amount.

Car
    Full on JCW!! :)
    quote:Originally posted by Wul

Update: Called Virgin and they are now offering the basic TV package to exisitng customers for free so long as they keep the phone/ braodband - this means I can gey Sky and keep my Cable box for the same amount.
    Still suckage tho.. I have no escape from Hollyoaks now! :(
    How can they possibly call that entertainment? Half an hour of people shouting at each other.. should be against the Geneva convention!

Looks like the sooner we move the better then! Anyone here tried the Sky See Speak and Surf package yet? (This One) Is it all cable / phoneline fed? or do you still need the dish to recieve the TV side?

:mad: G** DAMMIT just got home from work switched on the telly and put it onto channel 120 went to do something else quickly in the house, came back into lounge and there was no SKY ONE!!! WTF... Im with you Wul, im not a happy bunny!!! :mad:

macblob
    Yeah this sucks, will they be getting it back ?

Wul
    Brian - from what i've read it doesn't look like it! Been on hold 4 times for 10mins at a time to get through to Sky and it aint happening! they must be rubbing their hands with glee! :(

macblob
    hmmmm might reduce my tv package down to the free one from virgin then, not got a lot of time to watch tv just now anyway.
    Plus ive been downloading lost from the usa