Cheers for 'Jersey'

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mburchill
    Hello everyone!

I just wanted to drop you all a line to say 'hello' and introduce meself - I'm one of your kin from across the sea. I live in a tiny town in New jersey, USA and there are quite a large number of us MINIiacs here in the states. I below to a (relatively) local club called PhillyMINI:
    ( http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/phillymini/)

I must say I'm definitely a bit jealous of you lot being able to jump in your cars and motor around Scotland whenever you want. I was up at the Isle of Skye about 2 years ago with my wife, Caroline, and we loved it. I was born in Scotland and was forcibly ripped from my homeland by parents who felt we would all be better off in the states (not!! - how would you all like to have George W. Bush as your ruler?) Anyway - we also drove through Glencoe and the highlands, Edinburgh and all around (tho' not in a MINI - in a Vauxhall :(

Anyway - cheers for now - and I'm with you all in spirit! :)

- - Michael

Wul
    Welcome Michael - feel free to join in on the mayhem here on NMS!

We had a few of your countrymen over here at christmas time - there are a few dealers over here hire MINI's now so now you can come back over and experience the pleasure of Glencoe etc in a MINI :)

Mr Nice :-) & Sponsor
    Hi Michael. Welcome to NMS. Good to have you.

mburchill
    Hey - Thanks Wul and Big Col!!....and thanks for the 'heads-up' on the MINI rental info. I will absolutely, positively do this when I return. Any details on where the dealers might be located? Near Glasow? - as that's where we'd probably be flying into...

- - m

Wul
    Michael - i know mini have all sorts of brochures in the dealers now re renting a MINI (Eastern in Edinburgh do anyway) - if you go on to www.mini.co.uk and go to the dealer section you can find all the glasgow dealers there and their email addresses - drop them a line asking if they rent.

in fact here's the addresses:
    mail@henrybros.mini-dealer.co.uk
    mail@harryfairbairngiffnock.mini-dealer.co.uk
    mail@douglaspark.mini-dealer.co.uk

:)

Linda M
    Welcome to NMS Michael :)

I'm the opposite from you, I was born in Maryland Washington DC then a number of years later my folks went and decided to rip me away from my homeland back to Scotland. I am very annoyed they done that so I have hung onto my citizenship in the hope that my husband and I can move back one day.

In the meantime I find inner peace with my MINI

I do quite like Scotland though :clown:

mburchill
    Hey Linda -

Well whadaya know?! - ain't that something? How old were you when you left the D.C. area? I was 2 when my mum and dad (and my sister as well naturally) moved to NJ. BTW, I ride in the annual 'Rolling Thunder' Memorial run every year...actually so does my wife. I ride a Triumph Daytona 1200 and she rides a Suzuki SV650. While living in DC, did you every see the downtown area with all those bikes? Last year there were 350,000 of us. Sounds like a bomber formation going overhead all day.

Anyway - I'll give your regards to D.C. when I'm down there next may. :)

Cheers - - Michael

P.S. - How do you like the JCW kit? It's a bit steep for my budget for now, but I was thinking of having the pulley swapped out with the 15% smaller one made by Helix. Total cost to have that done is $400 USD. JCW is about $4,300 USD....

mburchill
    Thanks for the links, Wul - I'll have a look.

- - m

macblob
    Always though there was something weird about u Linda

Hehehehehehe, runs away to hide.

Welcome to NMS Michael, enjoy the madness

seany
    welcome to new mini scotland michael, me 2 have a JCW, i think i made the right choise.