Window tint, please help

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    X30YES
    You'll get a quality job at Tinthaus (as you would at others mentioned ),when I had my HB S done I was over at Ratho watching them doing the windows ...well worth the visit if you have the time and wanted to see how its all done

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    I have been recomended tinthaus by several people now Angus so it sounds like they will do a good job. Their sales man certainly talked the talk on the phone anyway.
    Unfortunately I wont get the time to go to their workshop, thats why I have organised for their fitter to go to Easterns PDI centre at Broxburn to do it. I think they are doing several cars out there tomorrow.

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    quote:Originally posted by Julz

I can see your arguement here, but I can't see how tints affect your vision...
    Julz, it's difficult to reply with anything other than the following, and I'm not being disrespectful in any way. The simple fact is that ANY tint to ANY window will reduce your vision. Period. Full Stop. Ultimately you are reducing the amount of light passing through the glass, therefore it MUST be affecting your vision. Don't get me wrong, I have factory "darkened rear glass" on our MINI and the X5, and we love them (although they are legal) but we have to be very careful before we pull out from the side of the road. It definitely reduces the vision of the road behind. I'd hate to think what it would be like on the front two windows.

Really don't want this to turn into another Tint-flaming war, especially with you Julz, so I'm gonna shut up now. I've passed my advice on to Ian, that's all I really wanted to do.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Julz
    quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore
    Really don't want this to turn into another Tint-flaming war, especially with you Julz, so I'm gonna shut up now. I've passed my advice on to Ian, that's all I really wanted to do.
    A.
    Oh I totally agree, don't get me wrong! I have the same film on the migraine as I had on the evo and obviously smaller car, darker effect. I personally don't find they hamper my vision at all, but the doors are huge and allow quite a large amount of vision all round, ie not pillars in the way:clown:. If I felt like it impaired my vision I would remove them regardless of cosmetic value:approve:! I still use my arguement of are sunglasses to be banned if anyone makes a comment though!! (saying that, tints and oakleys still don't affect my vision badly either, maybe it's cause I'm short I make better use of the wider part of the windows low down!!)

Gordons_cooper_wrks
    quote:Originally posted by X30YES

Tinthaus were doing a discount for NMS members at one time (Edin)...ask for Gill, I also hear that the guy who does the tints for DP's is also very good .
    I think the guy that dp uses is the one that tinted mine. Hamiton autotints, 01698 829111, 07754 253811. Mark does a A1 job. He has tinted my last two cars and a good few of my mates.
    With regards to the front windows, mine are approx 2% over the legal limit, I have no problem seeing out of them, even at night and i have never been stoped by the police regarding them. I hang about in areas where there are a lot of Traffic Police and have never had any problems. I think as long as you can see out fine and they can still see in them, then theres no problem. I understand the safety aspects which have come up in this thread about front tints but i feel as long as they do not harm your vision there is no problem.

Hope i havent ruffeled any feathers! Cheers

Car
    Mini Cooper S
    I can see very well out of my "tints" n i need to get one replaced...i am going to a place in dumpdee...nxt to my hubby unit so getting cheap price!....and yes it is a front one!!!...but i am happy with them...i can see "kids on bike"! i do not go over the 30 limit in fact i drive @ 25mph in a 30....so less chance o me hitting a kid might not see!...i actually am the moment complaining with the community council about getting the speed limit reduced to 20mph in the village that i stay in:)...and getting 4*4 banned from around the school area!

Aberdeen Al
    Hi,

I was quoted £245 inc VAT for Tint Haus in Aberdeen.

The above price was for the 3 x rear windows plus their "legal tint" for the front two.

Is this expensive? Would I be better travelling to Dundee - Edinburgh or Glasgow to get this done cheaper?

Cheers,

Al

Car
    Mini Cooper S
    I have been quoted £30 for one o my front tints

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    I am getting the 3 back and the legal film on the fron from tinthaus Edinburgh, because Eastern are organising it irs getting done for £200 all in.

quote:Originally posted by ianking

legal film on the front
    Ian you surprise me. I wouldn't have thought that you would have been taken in with that "legal" film story. but at the end of the day whats that worst thing the police can do to you.??? ask you to rip the film off.
    Cooper Coupe...