Window tint, please help

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    This is the stuff they are on about. They are giving me a guarantee so they have assured me if there was any hassle from the law then they would remove it and I would get a refund for the fronts.

http://www.tinthaus.co.uk/news/whatsnew1.aspx

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    I'm not fussed whatever way you go either Ian, but, it would be interesting to know, that given the mini front windows are almost bang on the limit anyway, do Tinthaus know the level of tint on your mini fronts :question:
    The way i read their statement, it still filters and adds a wee tint by using the film, so, this would be ok for untinted windows to start with
    Good luck whatever way you go :approve:

quote:Originally posted by ianking

This is the stuff they are on about. They are giving me a guarantee so they have assured me if there was any hassle from the law then they would remove it and I would get a refund for the fronts.

http://www.tinthaus.co.uk/news/whatsnew1.aspx
    Don't know really but I would have thought any film no matter what kind that darkens the front windows more than what they are already would fall outside of the tolerences.

At the end of the day it's your choice your doing it knowing it may attract attention from the police as long as there is no fines that the police can give you then no worries.
    Cooper Coupe...

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    as others have said, ANY tint on the front windows is illegal. This has been proved some months ago when this subject was brought up.

If your front windows are tinted further than what the manufacturer has tinted them and you are unlucky to be caught by the Police, you will be fined.

There is also a distinct chance of a prohibition order being placed on the vehicle (ie it cannot be driven on a public road until the offending item, eg the tints, are sorted and re-tested by the police).

as said before it is a risk, but each to their own..

Car
    Perhaps I will phone the tinthaus just now and tell them not to put anything on the front. He wa son about putting some kind of security film on the front which reinforces the glass incase it should break. I have had auto glass breaking all about me before and its not that nice so I think the security film thing might be a good idea.

Car
    Just called the man at tinthaus and he said its up to me but he can guarantee that his front tint is leagal. I said just to stick with B post backwards for the moment.

I am getting a dark car with an all black interior with the anthracite roof thing so the chances are that it will be pretty dark inside anyway.

quote:Originally posted by ianking

Just called the man at tinthaus and he said its up to me but he can guarantee that his front tint is leagal. I said just to stick with B post backwards for the moment.

I am getting a dark car with an all black interior with the anthracite roof thing so the chances are that it will be pretty dark inside anyway.
    that's more like it well done you've made the right choice at the end of the day.

You know it is COOL not to have tints on the front windows
    Cooper Coupe...

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Totally agree with Fiona here Ian.:approve: You're doing the right thing.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

X30YES
    Live life on the edge man