what dealer would you use

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    As I move back to the central belt it has got me wondering which dealer to use for

1st Service

2nd sales should I ever be able to afford a new one.

Done a quick search on mini.co.uk and this is the list that came up.

Obviously Menzies is out (you all know what I think of them)
    Eastern well to be honest it just simply a pain in the @rse to travel through there. I'm thinking Grassicks.

Menzies 6 miles
    Douglas Park 18 miles
    Douglas Park 19 miles
    Eastern Motor Company 23 miles
    Harry Fairbairn Glasgow 23 miles
    Phoenix Kirkcaldy 27 miles
    Dunedin Edinburgh 27 miles
    Grassicks Garage 30 miles
    Harry Fairbairn Irvine 43 miles
    John Clark Tayside
    Cooper Coupe...

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    I have experience of Menzies, Dunedin and Eastern and im pretty much just going to stick with the Eastern from now on. I did go to Douglas Park about a year ago for a quote when getting rid of my 1 Series but I wasnt that impressed with them.

Bignorm
    fi im sure your car could be collected and droped off to you if that would be easier for you

X30YES
    I'd go with the collection option ...always,if you don't need a car for the day !!

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    I had eastern collect my car a couple times at my house and their man dropped a car off for me.

dont go to Fairbairns Arnold Crap

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    Douglas Park (ex Henry bros), Hillington gets my vote. Sorted out my steering problem & the service manager was as keen as I was to sort out the fault :approve: after Menzies gave out the oh so familiar 'no fault found' p!sh :disapprove:.

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

Hmmm, I can safely say that Grassicks' sales department was a bit of a let down-they didn't give the impression they were all that interested in my business even thought they knew I'd driven from 15 miles the other side of Glasgow up to Perth just to see their car.

Douglas Park (City Centre) have a nice guy in sales called Stuart if memory serves me correct, the only reason I didn't buy from him was that I found the car of my dreams close to my Mum's company's office near London.

I've had good and bad experiences with both their service dept and their body shop (now based at Hillington). They damaged the Coop while it was in for some warranty work in the bodyshop twice-once was scuffing some of the plastic trim at the side of the front bumper which they eventually replaced after I had a go. The second time really took the biscuit, they put a dent and gouge in the paintwork just behind the driver's door which although they repaired without questioning me, there was no apology forthcoming nor was I offered a courtesy car.

I don't know if this is just the way they treat younger customers though. I've got other stories, but my fingers are getting sore.

I found the bodyshop manager to have very little in the way of interpersonal skills, however the older gentleman who runs all the bookings etc is an absolute credit to the company and the guys in the parts and service depts. are also very helpful and informative.

These are my own personal observations and opinions. Everywhere has a good and a bad side IMHO, it might be an idea even to go in and just have a wander around and get a feel for a couple of places on your shortlist.

From what I've been reading it would seem that Eastern are very professional on both sides of the business and if Douglas Park wasn't 50yards away from uni, I'd at least give them a try. I don't know if this is down to their 'new kid on the block' status or not and hopefully they will keep up what seem to be exceptional standards.

**If only I put this much effort in at uni!!!!!**

euan
    Eastern would get my vote. They were brilliant in all my dealings with them.

Grassicks are SUPERB...