scratched side windows

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

quote:Originally posted by Gordons_cooper_wrks

something rings a bell that there is a type of polish that window fitters use that can remove scratches. I think it was called jewelers polish but im not to sure.
    Jewllers rouge is the stuff you are on about, its great for taking small scratches out, obviously it wont take really deep ones out. Ive used it for taking fine scratches out of watch glasses with pretty amazing results.

bit late with this post martin the details are a couple post back
    Cooper Coupe...

I know Fi, I saw it afterwards :) No harm in repeating it though

Jewellers rouge is the stuff

Mark R
    I've got the same issue with my drivers window. All my scratches run vertically though so it's more like the window opening and closing has been the cause.

If you've not picked it up already then talk to the dealer about it and they might be able to do something about it. I had a lot of paint missing from the door handles on my car from what looked like finger nail scratches and they had some guy touch up all that no problems before delivering the car to me.:)

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    Mark - my driver's side window has vertical scratches, as did my '01 COOPER previously. I know why though - 'cos I'm always winding down the windows to listen to the exhaust!! It really shouldn't happen though, I reckon the mechanism is at fault.... but as it doesn't hamper my vision, I just put up with it.

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

Mark R
    It's just something that you don't notice after a while, not unless the sunlight shines on it at a certain angle.

Of course if it really bothers you just put the windows down when you get in the car and you'll never see it.

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    An effective solution Mark, if a wee bit damp.....

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!