advice on cooper s

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    euan
    quote:Originally posted by pamelab21
    Euan unsure of the plate on the blue car but it did have a scrape on the back bumper if that helps?
    Well, if it was my car it wasn't there when I had it

Insurance seems good, mine went from 300 to 600 when I got in an S.

re: warrenty - you can always get your own one (VB has done this I think?)

Enjoy the test drive! I miss the whine of the supercharger!!!

pamelab21
    Ian

Don't hold it against me... I have a Vauxhall Corsa 1.2 SXI just now. Had it 7 months and its just not me. Previous to that though I had an Alfa 147 JTD Multijet, I loved that car but god did I use the warranty! I miss the power though and want something a bit different again.
    I thought I could handle downgrading and saving some money but lifes too short!

SarahMunro
    quote:Originally posted by pamelab21

Ian

Don't hold it against me... I have a Vauxhall Corsa 1.2 SXI just now. Had it 7 months and its just not me. Previous to that though I had an Alfa 147 JTD Multijet, I loved that car but god did I use the warranty! I miss the power though and want something a bit different again.
    I thought I could handle downgrading and saving some money but lifes too short!

I had a brand new Corsa the same as you and it lasted less than 6 months. Had to get rid of it was horrible to drive! You should try the mini they are great cars!
    Good luck :)

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Get yourself along to a local MINI dealer, you'll get better service and attention, plus, you'll be able to "find" your car quicker whilst letting teh dealer do all the running around.
    You never know, a new car might just be in your grasp with all the deals that can be used

euan
    I'd second BS on that - start at the MINI dealer as you should be able to get what you want from them. Granted, as you've already seen the trade in won't be as good, but you will at least get a 12 month warrenty and if there turns out to be anything wrong with the car, they are more likely to get it fixed (you'd hope!)

Resident old yin.
    ...but the MINI dealer will sell you a car than is a year older for the same price as well as giving you less for a trade in.

If you really like the car, haggle a bit more off it and insist on a full year warranty.

Toyota dealers have a decent reputation usually.

Since the car at Toyota garage is still under Mini warranty and they are giving you extra 6 months, no benefit in paying a dealer more money, and if its a newer car and an S , go for it.

euan
    quote:Originally posted by KenL

...but the MINI dealer will sell you a car than is a year older for the same price as well as giving you less for a trade in.

If you really like the car, haggle a bit more off it and insist on a full year warranty.

Toyota dealers have a decent reputation usually.
    Ah, the voice of reason :) all good points!