Rattle from dashboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Resident old yin.
    quote:Originally posted by sharpy

I have an R56 and can hear a clicking coming out of the top of the dash heating vent, when the heating gets put on (the sound of cheap plastic expanding I suspect). The same area has also started rattling when it feel like it, regardless of whether the fan heater is on. Technical term is I think "Crap Build Quality"

And the clutch pedal now has the most annoying creaking noise (yes WD40 would sort it but it's a fiffing new car)

And the low end power is still crap, and it still hunts to find idle.

Other than that, a faultless first 900 miles............and to think I could have bought a poorly built car for half the price.............pheww, lucky escape there then
    On the squeaky clutch, someone on MINI2 reported that they can quickly replace a bush or something to cure this.

sharpy
    The squeak sounds mores like a faulty spring on the pedal, but I can't be arsed to crawl about the footwell to find out more (I'm one of these old fashioned types that naively assumes that when you buy a new car, it will work properly and without annoying faults for at least a month.......crazy huh!)

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"

The squeak sounds mores like a faulty spring on the pedal, but I can't be arsed to crawl about the footwell to find out more (I'm one of these old fashioned types that naively assumes that when you buy a new car, it will work properly and without annoying faults for at least a month.......crazy huh!)
    I'm saying nothin'

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    quote:Originally posted by Craig & Jude

I'm saying nothin'
    PMSL.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

PACMAN
    PMSL