REMOTE LOCKING NOT WORKING

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hello folks
    In work just now so I cant try the spare key or another battery...

Pressed the button on the key to unlock the door this morning and nothing happened. Tried it a couple of times and still nothing.

Managed it the old fashioned way (i.e. key in door lock!) and the car started fine. The car is only 5 months old so my thinking is that the remote battery should be okay but I cant try another at the moment.

Has anyone else experienced this? If its a possible fault I can run to the nearest dealers after work today.

Regards
    GOLDMINI.

duncan
    I had (on another car) a Scorpion Alarm/imobiliser with remote locking that had a tendancy to lose the settings every time i dropped the damn keys on a hard surface.
    It just needed reset.

Perhaps something similar? However, i dont know how to do that on the MINI, sorry

Kirsty
    I had probs with mine!! I would lock it with remote then start to walk away and it would unlock itself so watch out for that!!! When I took it in for it's service they told me that there was a part replacement due and it had something to do with the central locking so I would go in and ask about it!!! Good luck!!!!

mr.b
    Hey y'all.

Having problems with my passenger door lock sticking - have to pull door handle from the inside and pull the door button up at the same time. Boot needs to be slammed from time to time too for it to click shut. Not sure if it related to my central locking or not. think the boot is but i think the door is related to the stereo/speaker install. BMW sorting it friday so will keep y'all posted.

Kirsty, good to see another fifer flying about - especially one as close to Gotham City (Dunfermline) as i am.

B.

Starky
    Yeah mr.b, I just got my S couple of weeks ago and I've noticed u need to slam the hatch down to close it, seems at total odds to the way the front doors shut so solidly, is it just us or does any 1 else have probs?

Sponsor & Jakey
    The boot latch problem is fairly common. Mention it to your dealer next time you're in, usually a small adjustment to the rear hatch will sort things out.
    Occasional MINI driver....... but mostly Uma Thurman ;0)

Resident old yin.
    quote:Originally posted by Starky

Yeah mr.b, I just got my S couple of weeks ago and I've noticed u need to slam the hatch down to close it, seems at total odds to the way the front doors shut so solidly, is it just us or does any 1 else have probs?
    The tailgate of the MINI is easily the worst part of the car IMO. Mine sometimes knocks/bangs going over bumps at low speed and it has been adjusted a few times be the dealer. There are loads (probably thousands) of posts on MINI2 about problems with the tailgates either banging or rattling.

If you have to slam it it could be your rubber bumpers on either side being too far out. Try turning them in a little bit. Keep a note though of how much you move them as doing this may induce another "feature" like rattling or knocking.

Starky
    Thanks KenL but i think i'd rather slam it shut rather than the annoying rattles & bangs, will mention it to the dealer @ 1st service though.

Resident old yin.

Thanks KenL but i think i'd rather slam it shut rather than the annoying rattles & bangs, will mention it to the dealer @ 1st service though.
    Agreed. As that great prophet Duncan says if it ain't broke don't fix it.

I would NOT mention it to the dealer, they are guaranteed to make it worse

duncan
    quote:Originally posted by KenL

Agreed. As that great prophet Duncan says if it ain't broke don't fix it.

I would NOT mention it to the dealer, they are guaranteed to make it worse
    Ok, ok, i'll change the sig!