My Good Luck continues....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    sh@z
    Stop yer preching, if its not worst case scenario then the tyre weld stuff will fix the hole temporarily.

Its what my car comes with, as well as most performance cars, runflats are too much of a compromise and price for the off chance you're gonna get a nail in yer tyre.

Fair enough, you got screwed over when you didnt have runflats Alan, but most people with the rx8's that i've spoken to who have had a flat, nail in tyre have found the tyre weld works, and or pumping up the tyre with air will temporarily sort it so you can got to a garage. I would rather take the risk of getting my tyre mauled by a nail on the very rare chance, rather than have to deal with frikken driving on runflats all the time and suffer that way.

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    Chief , your luck HAS to kick in soon/now

Good price re tyres , I reckon after this summers first outing on non run flats I too could become converted

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

i may have same problem , coming into work put window down and metal ticking noise, last time i heard that was on old car and it was nail through tyre. i only have the 15" wheels so if its on tread can it be fixed or what tyre should i be going for ..

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    Craig

there is a place just down the road from me in Penicuik that repaired a run flat for me and also one for my mate. I think they took about £8. If you give me the tyre I can hand it in for you. Its always handy as a spare.

Car
    Full on JCW!! :)
    quote:Originally posted by dundeered

i may have same problem , coming into work put window down and metal ticking noise, last time i heard that was on old car and it was nail through tyre. i only have the 15" wheels so if its on tread can it be fixed or what tyre should i be going for ..
    Pretty sure there's not Runflats on any 15"s... First make sure it's not just a wee stone stuck in the tread.. had that a couple of times!

It it's in the tread, it should be fixable. You should be able to look at the sidewall of the tyre and tell if it's a runflat or not. I think if it's a Dunlop it'll have something like DSC in a wee circle - if it's a runflat. Not so sure about other makes tho.

And unlucky Craig :(:( Maybe it's a curese from Knottie!

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    quote:Originally posted by ianking

Craig

there is a place just down the road from me in Penicuik that repaired a run flat for me and also one for my mate. I think they took about £8. If you give me the tyre I can hand it in for you. Its always handy as a spare.
    thanks Ian, might well do that... I'll let you know once the tyre is off..

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1

quote:Originally posted by dundeered

Pretty sure there's not Runflats on any 15"s... First make sure it's not just a wee stone stuck in the tread.. had that a couple of times!

It it's in the tread, it should be fixable. You should be able to look at the sidewall of the tyre and tell if it's a runflat or not. I think if it's a Dunlop it'll have something like DSC in a wee circle - if it's a runflat. Not so sure about other makes tho.

And unlucky Craig :(:( Maybe it's a curese from Knottie!
    I think it is the curse of Knottie!, I should never have got rid of the wee boy...:disapprove:

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Craig
    WH Tyres in Bonnybridge fixed my run flat when it had a screw in it for about £7 at the tail end of last year if thats any help :approve:
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    quote:Originally posted by Craig & Jude
    I think it is the curse of Knottie!, I should never have got rid of the wee boy...:disapprove:
    So that's why i'm having so much trouble with Wee Dougie

Car
    Mini Cooper
    Bad luck Craig :( but at least you got your non runflats early