lowering

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    james f
    im getting jcw suspension on the S when it comes for the same reasons ^^ as ive not herad a bad thing about everyone who has it raves and since my car inst going near a track i dont feel the need for adjsutable coiovers on it and the 3 cities were is spend my time arent the best for a dropped car and as i plan to keep the s only for a few years befoure looking for a GP or high spec 06 works then i dont want to have a coilover set up that i then have to reomve from the car ease of sale as well

Aberdeen Al
    I also wanted to lower my MCS with the GTT lowering springs but changed my mind once I went down to GTT earlier this week.

Who has lowered their Mini by 25 / 30mm and regretted it? Why did you regret it?

Cheers,

Al

james f
    why the change of mind the GTT spings are eibach and ive not heard folk reget fitting them

Aberdeen Al
    I decided to get a lightened crank wheel and brace struts instead.

I might leave the springs until later on in the year - I'll wait to see if anyone comes back with a legitimate reason not too lower.

james f
    ah tis a good choice as well my mate did all that and GTT fly wheel his car revved manicly after that

Aberdeen Al
    Yeah it does rev very freely indeed!

I've ended up with an MCS probably pushing out 220 ~ 230 bhp so I'm very very happy

james f
    yeah my mates had the 230 conversion but he plummed for the light weight flywheel to and rolands super special ECU mapp man that car was scary fast

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    Just for interest, what's involved in fitting the Lightweight Flywheel? ie What has to come out to get to it and how much to do? I know the standard one was meant to be pretty heavy to make it smoother to drive I remember reading ages ago. Mine revs really well as it is just now, so I probably won't bother with any mods in that direction - just nosey!

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

james f
    i dont think its near as bigger job as say having LSD but the part is about 350 but the effect it has is scary but like all good perfomace mods it dose have a few draw backs dosent make it to much harder to drive but its not as smooth as it was and if your gunning it and suddley let off theres not always enough momentum and the engine can stall if you not careful its more a track mod i think

Aberdeen Al
    I can't comment on the stalling as I drove the car back from Blandford then ended up offshore the day after.

The lightened flywheel probably is a track day item.