And Now The End Is Near...........................

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    GAJ
    I've had one 'major problem' which was something to do with the engine wiring loom which affected the throttle and ended up causing the car to go into 'limp home' mode. Of course it fixed itself as soon as I drove into the dealers carpark! The problem was logged in the OBC though and it was all fixed promptly. I have had a few wee squeaks and rattles and the dealer has looked at these and generally sorted them out.
    I think if I had had your hassle I would feel similair to how you do. It is a shame that so many (even though I have no doubt that it is a small fraction of the cars sold) people do seem to have recurrent problems with their cars that the dealers are not able to resolve satisfactorly. All the best with the new car, it sounds like a cracker.

Krusty
    Bazza,

My last car was a 206cc and it leaked badly. Had it in the garage a few times but all they do is play with the seals that run across the top of the windows - they're moveable and that's all they'll do - oh, and they'll stick some grease on it so as it wont leak for a while! Bought it brand new and traded it in after 9 months for my MCS - the car looks nice but it's got too many other faults that just put me off completely.

Tell your girlfriend to buy a MINI(That's what my bloke told me:clown:)

Car
    Mini Cooper
    Sorry to hear of your problems Guys. I've only had a couple so far - Ciggie lighter not working (not fuse) - serious when I got a puncture (non-run flats) but I wired the pump direct to the battery but the white gundge did nothing anyway! And by f**king stereo - this is REALLY putting me of driving the car - what will I have today? - skipping CD or crackling radio - an I paid the f**kers over £200 extra for the CD player. Rant over :dead::evil::blackeye:.
    Can't wait to get my classic back on the road - it has a tape player and spare wheel

Wul
    Well dropped my coop in to easterns this morning - steering column is STILL on back order so getting the seats sorted again, their gonna look at the morning stumble and the jumping out of first gear problem! So unless the column arrives tomorrow it's gonna need booked back in again!:(

AND to make matters worse all the MINI courtesy cars were out so got a new 318 - and had to pay £10 for the insurance - gits! (my insurers wanted £22 to cover it! - double gits)

Sigh - time for another snotty email to BMW methinks! [X:(]

Resident old yin.
    Wul,

I've had the same problem with insurance at Eastern. As you know I've got a ONE so the insurance is dirt cheap. Once when they had my car for a week it cost me £30 for insurance for the courtesy BMW they gave me, I've had to fork out a coupla other times. The £10 or so I had to spend to get the S for 2 days was worth it though :evil:

I did get a ONE once so my insurance didn't cost any extra that time.

I wrote a letter of complaint to the service manager and he gave me a £50 voucher to use in parts which almost covered the amount I had spent on extra insurance costs.

silver son
    Yep,
    Had the same thing at Eastern too , i suspect its a ploy to put Mini owners a courtesy car. Had my second steering column fitted two weeks ago only to discover that the drivers seat is now coming apart !!
    Its two years old now so think im going to tough it out and get a 05 build next Jan. Cant Wait !!!!!!

Resident old yin.
    quote:Originally posted by silver son
    Its two years old now so think im going to tough it out and get a 05 build next Jan. Cant Wait !!!!!!
    Me too, though my mini ONE great for ages. More than a year since the last piece of warranty work I think.

silver son
    Mine's only done 10,000 miles in 2 years!!
    Dont suppose that will help when it comes to the trade in though.
    Cant be bothered with all that MOT nonsense & dont much fancy having an early build car thats outside the manufacturers warranty:dead:

bazza
    Cheers for the info Krusty will try and convert her to a good car, I know of a lovely Black Cooper that she could buy,owner wopuld love to upgrade to S.
    Bas

quote:Originally posted by Krusty

Bazza,

My last car was a 206cc and it leaked badly. Had it in the garage a few times but all they do is play with the seals that run across the top of the windows - they're moveable and that's all they'll do - oh, and they'll stick some grease on it so as it wont leak for a while! Bought it brand new and traded it in after 9 months for my MCS - the car looks nice but it's got too many other faults that just put me off completely.

Tell your girlfriend to buy a MINI(That's what my bloke told me:clown:)

Wul
    Eastern just called - car is ready to collect but steering column still on back order so will need to re-book again! AARRGGH!! :(