Support My Little Car Please

Car
    99 BRG Cooper Sportspack
    Hi folks,

Some of you I know through the Mini Clan and joint events.

I hope you dont mind me posting this one and some of you may know of this topic already.

I and others in the Mini Clan have "replica" cushions of our Mini's, which were very cleverly made by Deb Townend trading as My Little Car.

http://www.mylittlecar.co.uk/index.html

Deb was able to almost perfectly copy your Mini/MINI and various other models of vehicle from photos or descriptions, as cushions, backpacks and other gifts.

I am sorry to say however she has been threatened with legal action by BMW and as a result has had to shut down her business.

So I'm afraid there will be no more opportunity to buy these superb items.

Just thought you may all want to know on the off chance you were considering purchasing a gift later in the year.

I want to make it perfectly clear here though that I do not have any disagreement with any MINI owners but am simply disgusted at BMW's position on this matter, and trying to raise awareness and support for what was a small "Cottage Industry" and no threat to a £32 billion pound Company.

Andrew

T100L
    thats shocking, that they cant see peeps makin a buck, can you do my mini gp on anything, pm me if you think BB is watching

Sponsor
    I've already replied to this on the Mini Clan forum.

Love my MINI... but think that BMW have just gone too far with this one...
    How they can feel that Deb's business was a threat is beyond me.

snafu
    All comments without prejudice. I help(ed) Deb run MLC.

MLC made NO money and that is easily verifiable. BMW saw it as enough of a threat to sue for loss of profits but did not offer licensing. Whether or not we infringed on their trademarks is irrelevant, only a giant could go against them in court to argue. Game over.

Our lives are controlled by big companies, and every day we let them control us a bit more.

Shop at Tescos, buy a BMW. Do we get a good deal? Does the product justify the gradual erosion of UK PLC, our heritage and what we once stood for. Do BMW offer excellent customer service for MINI owners?

You guys & girls in Scotland might not feel the same way (and I envy your patriotism) but this whole episode leaves me cold.

The Dogfather
    That's a disgrace, BMW should be ashamed.

Car
    Full on JCW!! :)
    quote:Originally posted by Vidal Buffoon

That's a disgrace, BMW should be ashamed.
    Ditto...

Maybe they felt threatened by better build quality than their new R56?

Looking at the MLC web page, those wee Mini/MINIs look ace! I wish I'd known about them earlier! :(

The Dogfather
    So do I I could had a Brabus one :(

Wul
    That is truely a sad example of today's corporate attitude! :( Cool wee cushions too!

N12 JLK
    Maybe they felt threatened by better build quality than their new R56?

:dead::dead:

bit of a shame that typical big buisness for you however I would have thought the company my little car could have kept trading simply by making a little tweak to the product. same kinda happen to bimmer spinners but well they couldn't really make a tweak to their product.
    Cooper Coupe...