T10 LES anyone know this car? Also air con query.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    pamelab21
    My have seen my earlier post re pepper white cooper I was going to see tonight in a Ford dealers.
    Drove car and seems to be very clean but going back to see it in the daylight tomorrow hopefully.
    On the log book the prev owner had a private plate and I am wondering if anyone on here recognises this....T10 LES. Does anyone know the car history or know of the car at all?

Also I have been told the car has the Chili pack and it does have the half leather but I couldn't see any air con. I only have the new mini brochure which shows air con coming within the chili pack. The car is a March 2004, was air con in the chili pack at this time?
    What do I look out for to tell me the car has the chili pack?

Thanks all

duncan
    Air Con wasnt included in the original New MINIs Chili Pack, thats only on the new model.

Things that stand out in the Chili Pack, are the Half Leather seats, and the small roof spoiler.
    You should also have smaller things like Rev Counter, Nets on the seat backs, carpet mats, front fog lights.

There's other stuff, but I cant remember it all. HTH

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    air con is not part of the Chilli pack...

chili pack, look for Chrome front grill, rear bumper and rear boot handle..

also the alloys will be minimum 16" alloys (unless they have been upgraded.)

can't remember anymore...

Resident old yin.
    Main thing that sets CHILLI pack apart from PEPPER is the half leather sports seats and 16" (or 17" if upgraded alloys)

One thing to check is the condition of the tyres. If it still has runflats and you want to replace with runflats then it is an expensive job.

Resident old yin.
    Aircon could be easy to miss. All you will have is a little button with a snowflake on it.

pamelab21
    thanks for replies.
    the car also has the red/grey leather interior, with the doors etc being red also. Would this affect the re sale value of the car if I were to try and sell at a later date?
    also, is the run flat tyre warning light just below the handbrake? Seen a button there and unsure what this was?

Resident old yin.
    Since the car is already 3 years old, and if you keep if for a while it should not affect re-sale value. It may be more difficult to get a private buyer as the red door panels are, in my opinion anyway, a bit if an acquired taste.

Button underneath handbrake is for resetting the tyre low-pressure warning system.

Resident old yin.
    Have you looked at what is available from MINI dealers? Hopefully this link will work for you. http://www.minicherished.co.uk/miniuk/mini_cherished/search_results/0,5244,___,00.html

You might not want to rush into this car, especially if the Ford dealer does not know too much about the spec or history. All MINIs from dealers come with a "cherished" warranty.

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    Being a Cooper it will have a rev counter and a chrome grill and chrome boot handle anyway. Being a chili model it should have further chrome strips on the front and rear bumper. The half leather is part of the chili
    If its just a standard chili cooper with nothing else added on then I would think £9995 is its top money. Most dealers have a wee margin to move with, particularly as its a used car and not the brand that the dealer sells, they will want to shift it. You wont get discount if you dont ask, so dont be shy.

pamelab21
    thanks again for all your help.
    i think the car has a heated windscreen as it has a button on (sorry for non technical despcription!) that has a squiggly line running through it and you can see the lines on the window. I see on the new Mini brochure that that button means a visibility package with auto headlights, dimming rear view mirror and rain sensors etc. Would this be what this car has or was there just an option for the heated windscreen?