some advice please, have seen a mini I may buy...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    pamelab21
    Hi all

Hope someone can help me. I have been looking at Minis and am about to test drive a Cooper tomorrow at a Ford dealers of all places.
    Its a 2004 Cooper in Pepper White with black roof, 20k, chili pack, red/black leather interior.
    Can anyone tell me what to look out for when I go to see it and when driving it? A bit wary buying a car out of warrenty....are there any known problems on these cars?
    Have never had a Mini before but don't want to get stung with a bad one.
    Also any ideas on what the car is actually worth. Don't want to be paying over the odds.

Thanks
    P

Car
    2004 works s
    i pass a ford garage everynight and theres a p/w cooper up on a stand i dont know if its the same garage?my advice would be to go to a bmw dealer to purchase one ,i might be totally wrong but at least there's some come back with a mini dealer,also dont get me wrong the car in the ford garage looks absolutly in mint conditioni hope this has helped you out

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Hmm, Minimads advice is sound, if you're keen on the colour combo etc you could use the mini cherished site, pop into any Mini dealer and they can trawl the UK for your car, there must be something very similar to the one you're set on

However, it wouldn't put me right off a car because it's at a Ford garage, providing they will give you 12 months warranty etc.

Things to look out for, check the boot, make sure no water in the wheel well, or, at least no sign of water egress, also the front feet area, especially the passenger side.
    Test drive and make sure it does not pull to the left, check the rear light clusters for condensation, also the high level brake light.
    Check the brake disks for rust and pad thickness.
    Also, confirm the service interval when you start the car, it'll be in the trip computer, it may also show the time for a brake fluid change.

Hope i haven't put you off

Wul
    Depending on the month of first registration it could still have some of the manufacturer warranty left on it - say till June 07! As Bonnie says - see what warranty the Ford dealer offers - i'd also check the steering when you first get into the car (ie cold) when reverse parking make sure there isn't a Clunk from the steering just past the wheel itself. But otherwise Go for it!

X30YES
    As above ....also look for stone chips on the bonnet/grill, tyre wear on the outside,=( hard driving)

pamelab21
    With regards to the colour. Although I like it, is it a hard colour to try and sell on or is it sought after? Will it affect resale value is what I am trying to say!

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    Pepper white is a great colour, certainly doesnt show up the scratches. I dont think there is an issue with resale of pepper white as its not a bright white like a police car.
    Does the car you are looking at have air con or any other options appart from the chilli pack. How much are they asking for it.

pamelab21
    to be honest I am not too sure what it has apart from the chili pack. I know it has a red/black leather interior and door cards according to my hubby. He popped in last night on the way home from work to see it but it was dark and he wasn't too clued up on all the options. We have arranged to have a test drive this evening with hopefully some light left to see the car properly. I just know the dealer will want us to make the decision this evening though.
    They want £9999 for it.
    Is that overpriced?

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    It will be half leather. The red bit will be fabric.

pamelab21
    does it seem overpriced?
    looking at parkers guide and what car guide it is......but thats why they call them stealers I guess.